Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

First Show and Shine Car Show

Old 09-20-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Show and Shine Car Show

Took my Challenger to a local show and shine car show in Scottsdale tonight....Had a great time displaying the Challenger in a field of really nice vehicles. I had the only new Challenger in the entire field of cars (only one other older Challenger, a 73 was in attendance and he parked next to me for people to see the difference between old and new) A lot of smiles from those who had never seen a new Challenger in person...and there were a lot who hadn't. Everyone really liked the new Challenger......even a few Mustang owners. And I may have sold a couple of Challengers as some said they wanted to checkout the 09s after seeing my 08 in person. Tip for anyone who intends to display their new Challenger....know your vehicle and it's specifications....you will get a lot of questions. This was only the first car show, as I intend to do more, as I met a lot of great people and made a few new friends.....I highly recommend attending a local car show........Show how Dodge did it right to the masses..................
Old 09-21-2008, 01:42 AM

Default RE: First Show and Shine Car Show

Have been taking mine to a local "cruise in" and always seem to get a lot of attention. A lot of questions too as mentioned.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:53 AM

Hey Joe,

I was headed to Scottsdale last night and something came up. I will head there for sure next week. I spent the morning yesterday having a professional photo shoot done for my Car Show panel. Lets get together soon.

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

Took my Challenger to a local show and shine car show in Scottsdale tonight....Had a great time displaying the Challenger in a field of really nice vehicles. I had the only new Challenger in the entire field of cars (only one other older Challenger, a 73 was in attendance and he parked next to me for people to see the difference between old and new) A lot of smiles from those who had never seen a new Challenger in person...and there were a lot who hadn't. Everyone really liked the new Challenger......even a few Mustang owners. And I may have sold a couple of Challengers as some said they wanted to checkout the 09s after seeing my 08 in person. Tip for anyone who intends to display their new Challenger....know your vehicle and it's specifications....you will get a lot of questions. This was only the first car show, as I intend to do more, as I met a lot of great people and made a few new friends.....I highly recommend attending a local car show........Show how Dodge did it right to the masses..................
Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Hey Joe,

I was headed to Scottsdale last night and something came up. I will head there for sure next week. I spent the morning yesterday having a professional photo shoot done for my Car Show panel. Lets get together soon.

Sounds good........................hopefully we can hookup..............figured you have been adding this or that to your Challenger, as I havn't seen it parked at work for a while..........(a young lady just bought a black SE and had it parked in front a couple of weeks ago)
Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 AM

Cool - Hey I left Boeing two weeks ago. I now work for another company in the East Valley. See you around.

[quote]ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Hey Joe,

Sounds good........................hopefully we can hookup..............figured you have been adding this or that to your Challenger, as I havn't seen it parked at work for a while..........(a young lady just bought a black SE and had it parked in front a couple of weeks ago)
Old 09-21-2008, 10:48 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Cool - Hey I left Boeing two weeks ago. I now work for another company in the East Valley. See you around.

Well..... that would explain why you no longer park in the company lot!!!! I guess I'm the big dog at work now......see you in Scottsdale
Old 09-21-2008, 04:33 PM

I too took my car to our local Fall Festival car show today. It was probably the most looked at vehicle at the show. There were lots of questions and lots of admiration. There was a 1970 Challenger R/T here too. It was orange. It was a top 35 participant vote style show. We didn't get in the top 35 but new cars never do well at shows with the older cars. My 1970 GTX did make the top 35. It was very satisfying having a car that has drawn so much interest and anticpation as the new Challenger. I have been very surprised at how well it is accepted by the high school crowd. I kind of thought that it might be too retro for the younger generation.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:50 PM

Hey, me and DK Challenger are teenagers.
sure DK has a camaro but... we still love him.

I think.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:46 PM

I get all kinds of kids loveing the new challenger .
Old 09-22-2008, 11:17 AM

It was surprising how the "rice burner" crowd really liked the new Challenger...was ready for a lot of "S***" from them about the size, etc, etc, But never happened, did have one of the guys from the "burner" crowd telling how I could modify the Challenger to make it faster.....using all the usual small car tricks. Also how to make it look even better in his eyes, again using decals, big wing, etc.....some of them just don't get it.....I like my Challenger just the way it is.......for now.