Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Funny call from dealer!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funny call from dealer!

Just got a call from another dealership wantng to sell me an '08. Told him I want to order an '09 SRT. He couldn't give me a price because he claimed the owner hasn't decided what the pricing will be. What the H ell? What now?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Contact the Better Business Bureau and you will have your deposit back the same day! It's against the law!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:40 PM

Latest from Ragland - remember it started at 62k

Is anyone else still dealing with this kind of crap?

Ragland Motor Co.

Thank you for your inquiry and the opportunity to earn your business.

Mr. Ragland has reduced the price in an effort to keep this "Street Rod" here local along with the Tax Dollar's, he has dealer's calling on a daily basis to try to purchase it. It is one of the last Orange Challenger's left around these part's.

Based on the inquiry notes on your emailed inquiry, I do have this '08 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 with stock# 28331 in stock and it does need a home.

This is Number 1413 of 6,400 Built.

I can sell this Dodge Challenger SRT-8 to you for the "Market Value Adjustment" price of $54,985 + T.T.L.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM

They will be coming down....$46k buy it now on ebay......$2k closed transport $48k in driveway....
Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 PM

JLockhart, I agree with just about everything you said. However show me a customer who has bought their Challenger for $20K under MSRP and Ill agree that the game is fair. Some of the stealerships operate like a circus sideshow. Half dont even know their product!
The end result is youre paying a premium price for an 08 based on speculation or impatience. Im waiting for a musclecar to drive and enjoy, so the huge markup over MSRP isnt for me.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:25 PM

Yesterday I had lunch at a McD's across from a Dodge dealer. Out front was a Hemi Orange Challenger sitting. I passed this dealer before I knew it was there. Out from the showroom came a customer and salesman. The customer completely ignored the Challenger looking at a Caliber. I saw a biker driveby, watched him. Sure enough he made a U-turn and stopped to look. He was there for about 10 minutes looking at the car. The salesman outside didn't to talk to the biker. No else came outside to talk to him either.
So I figured I would go over there to look at it too. Just to check the badge # 4325 I was there less than a minute out pops another salesman.

PS. 52K
Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM

I got a call this am from dealer wanting to know if I wanted car still,I said at sticker he said no but he is sick of circus in his showroom.I upped offer to 45k he still didnt take so he will go through another week end of tire kickers bothering him and his staff.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: SRT/ATE/U

Ive talked to dozens of dealerships in Canada, and I even had one tell me that an 08 SRT8's MSRP for Canada is 56,900....There are zero dealers in Canada letting them go for less than 65-70,000. Its ridiculous. I understand the mark up, of course, its a limited run! However, Chrysler releases them (or so I would think) for US...not so the dealerships can make an over abundance of money on them. I somehow doubt that the limited run was a reward to dealershps and car salesmen.

Its bad trying to buy one in the U.S, and its outright disgusting in Canada, since were only getting 500 up here. 45,100 off eBay works for me...thanks anyway Dealers.
Call a Windsor dealer. They have many in stock and will sell to anyone at MRSP or below. I talked to one salesman who said they had a list of 22 names looking to buy one and no one was still interested after they arrived. 500 for canada is lots to go around.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM

"The customer completely ignored the Challenger looking at a Caliber"

What is wrong with people??? I was looking at a challenger, a guy and his wife came up and stood there looking at it. She goes "I'd rather have the truck". . . AAAAHHHH
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 PM

I saw RAGLANDS post on Auto Trader today PRICE REDUCED and if you find the ad check it out,it states "MAN UP" please.He should man up with a no reserve auction on EBAY

Quick Reply: Funny call from dealer!