Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Have You ever Driven an SRT?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have You ever Driven an SRT?

i just got back from my dealer and they let me take a srt charger for a spin. i told them i needed a fix. can't f'in wait dude my car is built its sittin in quality. its fantastic power so smooth its awesome
Old 06-06-2008, 11:14 AM

That's pretty cool they let you take out a charger.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:37 AM

Not cool for the buyer, or sucker, that buys the SRT8 after dealers and jerks have been taking fun rides.

Just saying.

ORIGINAL: WILD Jeff

That's pretty cool they let you take out a charger.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:52 PM

Driven my brother's Viper SRT10 all the way through 145 mph - what a blast but a car you need to watch continually - it loves to swap ends.

Have driven a SRT-8 300 that was fun but pushes a little too much for my taste.

Drove the SRT Cherokee and was very impressed considering it's high C.G.

I cant wait to drive my 2009 SRT8 Challenger with 6 speed - it can't happen soon enough.

Eric
Old 06-06-2008, 05:29 PM

My Ram SRT10 has plenty of power, great brakes and handles well for a very large vehicle. You better be ready to go where you point it,those huge tires and stiff suspension make it really turn with no hesitation. I have had it up to 130mph and there was much speed left in the truck. It will walk side ways in first, second and third if you have the stones to stay with it. There are only two down sides to the truck, fuel consumption and the tires.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:32 AM

I took out one of the blue srt8 rumble bees, I think I cut off a cop crossing 3 lanes of traffic to get to the dealer as I was driving when I was out of town on business. They are super bad, fast, very comfortable well pretty much perfect. I'm just waiting for the 6.4L I just want more power. I want spinning rubber at the flick of the pedal.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:58 PM

2 years ago, to be honest, I was attracted by the Mustang GT. I asked a dealer to test it and the external look + driving impression were really good. Only the interior appearance was not so fine: too poor plastic but the price was really interesting. But when I saw on internet the Chally … all changed. I asked the dealer to test an SRT8 car and he let me drive a Magnum: which impressions? Only excellent. Internal materials were good, not like Mercedes-BMW-Audi, but anyway more than satisfying to the touch and to the sight (I think more or less the same we will find on the Chally); the acceleration pushes the driver against the seat; the noise, pardon, the motor sound is fantastic. The automatic stick, which is the same I have upon my Mercedes, is very fast, even in manual mode (it had really been a great surprise for me): on my Mercedes is much more slower, due probably to a different software and, especially, to a smaller torque. But the very interesting point was the sensation I felt during the gear changes when highly accelerating: I succeeded in feeling the ignition turning off (even very quickly) and I heard like a return of fire in the exhausts: this was the one of the marvelous impression of a well engineered great power.

Joe