Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Interior looks...

Old 06-18-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior looks...

What do you think about the challenger's interior after you got in one?
I sat in one today and I have to say that I love the interior of this car. The steering wheel is not big at all like many people where saying. This car's interior is the best all the way.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Interior looks...

The steering wheel isn't as big as it looks in pictures. I still wish they would have changed it but it's not terrible.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:38 PM

The problem people have with it isnt that its ugly or unappealing. Its that a car as unique and retro in every way as the Challenger has duplicated the interior of the Charger. It should have it's own interior flavor - more retro and in line with the exterior.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:02 PM

the mustang interior in the challenger would of been perfect imo...of course with some mods.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:26 PM

Well, we got them to dump the cross hair grill... and they stuck with the Charger steering wheel. Ya win some ya lose some... for me, I'll be fine with it.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Well, we got them to dump the cross hair grill... and they stuck with the Charger steering wheel. Ya win some ya lose some... for me, I'll be fine with it.
will not change my mind on getting one either.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: tcchubb

the mustang interior in the challenger would of been perfect imo...of course with some mods.
Actually I gotta vehemently disagree with this one... I recently rented a Mustang (V6 model of course), the interior of that car was absolutely awful... there was enough cheap plastic to embarrass a Fisher Price factory - squeaks and rattles galore (the car had only 500 miles on it) it just felt cheap. And considering the GT and Shelby models share pretty much the same interior, I'd say the Challenger having a Mustang interior is a colossaly BAD idea. [:'(]

I wish Dodge had stuck with the concept's interior instead of using a warmed-over Charger interior... but oh well, what's done is done. Maybe they'll save the concept's interior for the next gen Challenger... assuming there will be one.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:52 AM

Yankee I have to agree with you a bit. My wife has an 06 Mustang GT and while it doesnt squeak or rattle I certainly wouldnt want to see it in the Challenger. I know that it is basically a Charger with a few changes but to me I think it is absolutely beautiful! The steering wheel could use some improvement and I am sure that an aftermarket company will have one ready to go in a short time. There may be some already made up for the Charger or 300C.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:19 AM

This new Challenger is THE bargain of the auto marketplace right now. NOBODY is making anything this nice or this exciting. In order to bring out this amazing car, the bean counters had to cut costs somewhere - and the interior is a logical place. IMO, the interior is excellent. So what if if looks like the 300 or Charger - they have one of the nicest interiors in the business. Once you sit inside - you'll appreciate the comfort, space and ergonimocs.

Thankfully, the designers did not screw up the exterior or the performance goodies - for that is the main focus of this car. I am extremely happy that this car even exists in this weak car market and high gas prices. This is Chrysler's last rear-drive V-8 powered muscle car for sure. The clock is ticking for the death of these gas guzzlers. [sm=boohoo.gif]

The base Ford Mustang is exactly what it always was - an inexpensive "sporty" car built for the masses and car rental companies. The fact that a V-6 powered Challenger SE will compete in the same price range as a Mustang is a miracle. When you consider the independant suspension, higher power of the Mopar V-6, and the GREAT interior - the Mopar is superior. [sm=groupwave.gif]

(Similarly, the interior of the new Corvette (since 2005) is its weakest point, because GM put their money into performance and made it a world class sports car that will compete with any car from Europe or Japan.)
Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 PM

when i said the mustang interior i really ment the style...if you catch my drift... i believe it LOOKS great they may of not pulled it off that well but i think it is a great style.