Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

HELP with finding Mods

Old 09-30-2008, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with finding Mods

CALLING FOR HELP !!! Fat Cat here asking for a little help if you know . Since I have about 250 miles on my 09 R/T I see a lot of dirt and road tar kicking up on the lower fenders just behind the wheels especially the rear lower quarter panel. I truly remember some one on here talking about small mud flap like fender extensions or flaps but I did a search and can not find it. Do any of you forum friends know anything about these or the post that they were in?

Also I would really appreciate any and all opinions on Exhaust mods. I was thinking about SLP's cat back system or zoomers but with my recent losses in my retirement savings due to this stock market mess I 'm forced to cut costs. So I'm thinking that some of you have got rid of the factory mufflers and/or resonators and put in like a Magna Flow or other Brand muffler with a straight peice of pipe to the tailpipe extensions. I just want to get a nice loud rumbly type sound from idle on up if possible . Can any of you help with this idea with your ideas and suggestions??? Thanks so much for any help offered and If this post is in the wrong place I apologize!
FAT CAT[sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-30-2008, 06:35 AM

Default RE: HELP with finding Mods

Here is a great place for Challenger mods:

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/chal....html?cat=1314
Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 AM

Hooker mufflers. Cheap and sound like flowmasters. There is alot of "cheap alt. out there. Cut and paste in some mufflers would be the cheapest.

I had a hooker catback on my 2000 Trans Am, they sounded very nice!! Up too you though if you like the chambered sound or straight throw sound.

Here is some ideas.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10265_-1_10245
Old 09-30-2008, 05:28 PM

hey fat cat hows that car???
well i say keep it simple....don't mess with your headers....
i did 2 flowmaster 40s....it has the right sound
diamdave removed his resonators only and it sounds pretty ok toooo
but what that heck i am just a woman what do we know anyway lol
take care Joani

Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 AM

Joani, thanks for the reply ! In my humble opinion women are just as smart as most guys and they are more detail orientated and organized than most of us macho guys. Now that I've flirted and inhanced your ego,lol, may I ask for just a few details ? What does your flowmasters sound like? What did you have to do to the factory exhaust to install those mufflers and remove the resonators also? I'm probably wrong but I thought some one on here said the mufflers just replace the factory " bigbox " set up and then to replace the resonators its just a straight piece of pipe more or less. In any case I'm looking for a pretty loud rumbly sound . "oundspretty ok toooo" Is not good enough for me , LOL....I'm thinking what a woman knows. Get back to me when you have time. Thanks Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

PS This car is ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME !!! the most out of quite a few muscle cars and Corvettes i've had over the years. I honestly can't say enough about it . That grin from ear to ear every time I even get near the car and permanent when I'm in it!!!!

ORIGINAL: challygirl

take care Joani

Old 10-01-2008, 08:36 AM

Thanks Andre, I know I can always count on you to be in the know about Challengers. Hows your mods doing? Any thing new either horse power wise or dress up? Thanks for the suggestion and I think thats what I was looking for. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

Here is a great place for Challenger mods:

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/chal....html?cat=1314
Old 10-01-2008, 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: fatcat

CALLING FOR HELP !!! Fat Cat here asking for a little help if you know . Since I have about 250 miles on my 09 R/T I see a lot of dirt and road tar kicking up on the lower fenders just behind the wheels especially the rear lower quarter panel. I truly remember some one on here talking about small mud flap like fender extensions or flaps but I did a search and can not find it. Do any of you forum friends know anything about these or the post that they were in?
FYI, the black stuff back there ain't tar... its rubber... or at least should be

also, when your doing a really good burn out, having that flap right there is really going to put a damper on how the smoke leaves the wheel well.

just something to keep in mind.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 AM

Urlosingbd, thanks for the reply and I didn't really mean cheep but those full cat back systems at this time are a little more than I'm ready to spend at this time. I do however want a good high quality muffler to replace the factory ones and a way to eliminate the resonators too. I'll keep the Hooker mufflers in mind. Thanks Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: Urlosingbd

Hooker mufflers. Cheap and sound like flowmasters. There is alot of "cheap alt. out there. Cut and paste in some mufflers would be the cheapest.

I had a hooker catback on my 2000 Trans Am, they sounded very nice!! Up too you though if you like the chambered sound or straight throw sound.

Here is some ideas.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10265_-1_10245
Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 AM

Andre, thanks for the info on the fender edge guard things , got what i needed. Now for you and Joani, I really like the zoomer exhaust system but I'm sorry I really can't afford $1,800 at this time. I took a bad hit with Lehman Brothers when they went bankrupt with my retirement plan and I'm forced to budget a little. Don't get me wrong I'm not destitute "yet" LOL but I gotta cut costs. So , Joani , if you know what kind, number, and price mufflers did you use , what extra was needed to install them without the resonators and how did they sound? Please see the Quote also for the help, suggestions or info I'm looking for. I hope I'm not being too bothersome as I know you are both buzy with your jobs and life in general but any help will as usual be greatly appreciated, thanks Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: fatcat

Joani, thanks for the reply ! In my humble opinion women are just as smart as most guys and they are more detail orientated and organized than most of us macho guys. Now that I've flirted and inhanced your ego,lol, may I ask for just a few details ? What does your flowmasters sound like? What did you have to do to the factory exhaust to install those mufflers and remove the resonators also? I'm probably wrong but I thought some one on here said the mufflers just replace the factory " bigbox " set up and then to replace the resonators its just a straight piece of pipe more or less. In any case I'm looking for a pretty loud rumbly sound . "oundspretty ok toooo" Is not good enough for me , LOL....I'm thinking what a woman knows. Get back to me when you have time. Thanks Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

PS This car is ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME !!! the most out of quite a few muscle cars and Corvettes i've had over the years. I honestly can't say enough about it . That grin from ear to ear every time I even get near the car and permanent when I'm in it!!!!

ORIGINAL: challygirl

take care Joani

Old 10-10-2008, 06:01 PM

I know you guys and girls are probably tired of all the talk about after market exhaust modifications. But most if not all concerned with the SRT8 Challenger.
Well I really need to know what any of your experience's show or tell you about which exhaust system is best for a 2009 Chalenger R/T with the MDS 5.7 Ltr Hemi/

My main qualification is that it must have a loud rumbly sound with as little drone as posible !!

Why I am asking is I just can't afford with recent economic losses in my retiement income to do this mod over a second or 3rd time.

So PLEASE give me your best opinion or advice along with an apporoximate price.

I respect all your opinions and ideas as this forum has always been the best info I could find so please don't hesitate to offer up your ideas.

Thank a lot [sm=thanx.gif] , Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: HELP with finding Mods