Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

Old 05-17-2008, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

i spent all day friday calling our local dealers and speakig to them ...wanting to order a 2009 srt8 6 speed hemi orange challenger.....

i can honestly tell you i was pissed off after the first 2 minutes into conversations. Now let me give you a little background about me....i own a business and am succesful...very succesful. I KNOW what it takes to make sales.....i am in the wholesale/retail business...and even manufacture our own product line of aftermarket products for high performance motorcycles.

I lost my proffesional cool with the first dealer...GERRY WOOD DODGE...LOCATED IN SALISBURY NORTH CAROLINA. I calledand told the guy. I wanted to buy a car...told him what i wanted with options...and finished up...telling him i was not kidding...i would be purchasing this 2009 challenger......
this guy proceeded to tell me bring in 10k and they would order me a car....and that the demand was very high for the car and it would be 10k plus msrp....... WTF are you talking bout! I thought...i want a 2009! Demand isnt high...they are even being produce...and you dont have any pricing...man...i am for real..do insult me by telling me bogus shit like this..... he finishes up saying they have already sold one andthat guy paid the price ..10 k plus msrp.....i said I DONT WANT A O8....I WANT A 09 WITH A 6 SPEED....he then says thanks for calling and hangs up!

so....i called other delaers and started off first with them...letting them know..if they wanted to try and sell a 09 for more than msrp....then shuve it...the 2nd thing was out of my mouth was...i AM NOT PLAYING AND I AM NOT TIRE KICKING....SELL ME A DAMN CAR....and be reasonable...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To sum this up....in salisbury and lexington North carolina......the best price the IDOITS are wanting to do is 1k over msrp.....

Now i dont like naming name sand putting people on blast on the internet...but damn it...this isnt right.... so as of today...i still have not place a order for one...but will sometime in the next 1-2 weeks...
why the wait....i REALLLY have bad taste in my mouth over this whole deal.....friday. Pss poor way to gain and or do businmess transactions...and I LET THEM KNOW IT... I have talked to a deale rin cali that was more than willing to help sale me a car....they are first on the list...and will do 500 over invoice..thats fair....

I would like to purchase one closer to the east...SO ... If any of you dealers on this site...REALLY WANT TO SALE CARS.... soemthing you you will have sold BEFORE it comes off the transporter....so this means no holdback..no floor plan....straight sale and your profit is in your hand quick....

email me...i am a person with money and WILL ORDER ONE OF THESE CARS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am TIRED OF having to work my azz off to get you dealers to do oyur job......no go to work and do your job and SALE ME A CAR....

if you are serious...here is my email

dray33@carolina.rr.com

dont waste my vaulable time and i will not waste yours....tell me what you will do and i will contact you.....i will not respond to emails saying "call us and lets talk" that is wasting our time...my vaulable time... you KNOW what you can do.....

this whole deal is azz backwards.....we "the consumer" arent suppsoe to BEGG YOU FOR YOU TO DO OYUR JOB AND SALE CARS...MY GOD people....gas is at a all time high...people losing jobs....dealers are NOT selling cars ..techinicians are not turning hours....to make ends meet...

you should be out there moving cars and trying to keep the floor plan down..\

sorry for the rant on the 1st post...but damn...this is crazy.... SELL ME A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS I STATED...CONTACT ME..i am disgusted right now,....and frankly piss off....but i am proffesional and ask to be treat and will treat you the same way.... just sell me a car...
Old 05-17-2008, 05:00 PM

Default RE: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

I hear where you're coming from as I had to deal with two crappy local dealerships myself. I ended up pulling my deposits for an '08 with them and going out-of-state to order my '09. I've lost all trust in my local dealerships and will refuse to purchase a car from them for the foreseeable future if I can avoid it.

However, the tone of your post and your demands would immediately throw caution to the wind on my part if I were a dealer trying to make a sale. I would probably not email you because the sale would not be worth it if all communications would go similar to the tone of your post unless *everything* went your way. Just a bit of friendly advice. Go nuts on explaining how the other dealers were poor at service/selling, but if you want someone to extend their hand out and approach you to give you a sweet deal, you'd probably want to give off a more pleasant tone Sometimes it's not worth it to deal with a prospective client who will yell and complain with every communication as opposed to dealing with a client who comes later down the road and acts reasonably.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:28 PM

i understand the tone.....and i agree...but i want these dealers to understand....and i have to get my point across.....

believe me and trust my word...i am not a person that has to have everything my way....i just want these guys to understand....they HAVE a sale here...come get it.. i am not going to beg any dealer to take my money...

i negotiate to the upmost standards and am very proffesional and considerate....but abve all i am strickly business....i play hard if need...but usally go at it..in soft mode....any succesful business man KNOWS what I am speaking of.

i can ssure you...anyone that contacts me...will NOT contact a a-hole or sob....i am not like that...i just ask for a little bit of respect for the knowledge i have and the repect for a customer.....and a reasonable deal....

they will contact a eagar consumer...that wishes to spend money with them....they sell a car...i purchase a car....and they get referals from a happy consumer...

like i said..i have a dealership already on my list...but i would like to deal with a dealer on the east coast...

i am still willing to do business...here is what i have set up if any of these dealers can match it and play on the level...i mean this by that statement...order me a car...that i can count on picking up...

i have now a offer

500 down....500 over invoice... upon msrp being issued the contract will be drawn and i will be expected to fulfill my end...which isnt a issue since...the funds will be verified. I do know..that NO dealer can draw up a purchase contract till msrp and final prices have been issued...i also retain "refusal rights" in which if i decline to purchase i will lose the down payment.

thats a fair offer...for both parties... they ither sale a car or profit a 500 bill....and sale the car to the next person. I doubt onnce i order a car...i will not purchase it...UNLESS Dodge acts acrazy on the msrp....

Old 05-17-2008, 05:36 PM

btw.... a dealer for my companies product sent me these pics....thier shop is at La Guna Seca in cali...these pics are 1 weeks old....finally we see pics of this car in real world...beside a car...so we can tell what its stance is....

here is what he posted to me....seems like ford is concerned....

Posted: May 17 2008 8:31 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doug;
They had black ones, silver, and the orange. They have a carbon fiber insert in the hood. I thought the silver with the insert looked the best.

When Ford heard what was going on they sent that guy out with the Super Snake.

They came out from the track and pulled into our place to ask if we thought they could get away with drag racing each other on Rosemond Blvd in front of our place. I told them if CHP came by, they would be toast. However they were unaware theyt the entrance road to the track was private, so they went over there to do it.

We didn't go watch ( had to get my guys back to work ), but I think it would have been pretty even. The Stang had the Challenger covered by about 120 hp, but it was way over powering the street out here.

Very cool being at the track. We see cars that most people only see in magazines. We have the only full on machine shop out here, so we have had people like Penske Racing come in and ask us to machine something for their Americam Lemans Porsche Spyder team that is up there testing. I have actually met Dan Gurney out here.

Jay
Old 05-17-2008, 06:32 PM

Great pics. I remember reading someplace that someone who saw a Challenger on the street said he was surprised that the Challenger wasn't a lot bigger than a Mustang. Judging from those photos, that appears to have been a fairly accurate statement.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:26 PM

As a mustang owner and soon to be challenger owner I look forward to seeing how the line up .I think the challenger is going to be alot more fun .
Old 05-18-2008, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: drunderdog

i spent all day friday calling our local dealers and speakig to them ...wanting to order a 2009 srt8 6 speed hemi orange challenger.....

i can honestly tell you i was pissed off after the first 2 minutes into conversations. Now let me give you a little background about me....i own a business and am succesful...very succesful. I KNOW what it takes to make sales.....i am in the wholesale/retail business...and even manufacture our own product line of aftermarket products for high performance motorcycles.

I lost my proffesional cool with the first dealer...GERRY WOOD DODGE...LOCATED IN SALISBURY NORTH CAROLINA. I calledand told the guy. I wanted to buy a car...told him what i wanted with options...and finished up...telling him i was not kidding...i would be purchasing this 2009 challenger......
this guy proceeded to tell me bring in 10k and they would order me a car....and that the demand was very high for the car and it would be 10k plus msrp....... WTF are you talking bout! I thought...i want a 2009! Demand isnt high...they are even being produce...and you dont have any pricing...man...i am for real..do insult me by telling me bogus shit like this..... he finishes up saying they have already sold one andthat guy paid the price ..10 k plus msrp.....i said I DONT WANT A O8....I WANT A 09 WITH A 6 SPEED....he then says thanks for calling and hangs up!

so....i called other delaers and started off first with them...letting them know..if they wanted to try and sell a 09 for more than msrp....then shuve it...the 2nd thing was out of my mouth was...i AM NOT PLAYING AND I AM NOT TIRE KICKING....SELL ME A DAMN CAR....and be reasonable...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To sum this up....in salisbury and lexington North carolina......the best price the IDOITS are wanting to do is 1k over msrp.....

Now i dont like naming name sand putting people on blast on the internet...but damn it...this isnt right.... so as of today...i still have not place a order for one...but will sometime in the next 1-2 weeks...
why the wait....i REALLLY have bad taste in my mouth over this whole deal.....friday. Pss poor way to gain and or do businmess transactions...and I LET THEM KNOW IT... I have talked to a deale rin cali that was more than willing to help sale me a car....they are first on the list...and will do 500 over invoice..thats fair....

I would like to purchase one closer to the east...SO ... If any of you dealers on this site...REALLY WANT TO SALE CARS.... soemthing you you will have sold BEFORE it comes off the transporter....so this means no holdback..no floor plan....straight sale and your profit is in your hand quick....

email me...i am a person with money and WILL ORDER ONE OF THESE CARS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am TIRED OF having to work my azz off to get you dealers to do oyur job......no go to work and do your job and SALE ME A CAR....

dray33@carolina.rr.com

dont waste my vaulable time and i will not waste yours....tell me what you will do and i will contact you.....i will not respond to emails saying "call us and lets talk" that is wasting our time...my vaulable time... you KNOW what you can do.....

this whole deal is azz backwards.....we "the consumer" arent suppsoe to BEGG YOU FOR YOU TO DO OYUR JOB AND SALE CARS...MY GOD people....gas is at a all time high...people losing jobs....dealers are NOT selling cars ..techinicians are not turning hours....to make ends meet...

sorry for the rant on the 1st post...but damn...this is crazy.... SELL ME A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS I STATED...CONTACT ME..i am disgusted right now,....and frankly piss off....but i am proffesional and ask to be treat and will treat you the same way.... just sell me a car...
Welcome to the world of supply and demand!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:39 AM

Just sent you an e-mail. Give the guy a call. He will take care of you. He took good care of me..
Old 05-19-2008, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: npeifer

Reading through the posts many of you are expressing concerns about what dealers are charging for the Challenger that we are all so excited about.

I manage a medium sized Dodge dealership in Southeast, Ohio and will offer to order the Challenger of your choice for 2009 with any color or options for MSRP. In addition I will offer $200 in speedway gas cards to each buyer if you have to travel more than 200 miles to pick up your car. I am not trying to solicit on this site (I don't know if that's allowed ?) I am simply trying to offer some help to those who are car enthusiasts like myself.

I will require a deposit of $1000 with each 2009 Challenger order and will keep each person up to date on when and where there car will be. Obviously the closer the better but I am simply offering my help for those who do not have knowledgable dealers who are willing to work with you in your area. I encourage you to visit your local dealer first about the new Challenger.

Neal Peifer
Sales Manager
Norris Northup Dodge Inc.

nealpeiferdodge@yahoo.com
740-446-0842

I prefer contact via email first as I get hundreds of phone calls a day but will be glad to chat on the phone if need be.
Even though I am in Texas, I appreciate your post and honesty.

I feel you can be a very valuable member to these forums, given a chance.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: drunderdog

dray33@carolina.rr.com

i understand your frustration...but starting off telling me you have money