Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I have a 2008 Challenger for sale!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have a 2008 Challenger for sale!

LOL Robert! That about sums it up.
If this car is around when I go, I hope I took a loan out on it!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:18 PM

Jerrod,

You certainly will want to read up on your sales literature. It is impossible for the 2008 SRT8 to have 3.92 gearing from the factory, regardless the options. The fact that you mention "with the 20" wheels" further proves you have no idea what you're talking about. It is impossible to get a Challenger SRT8 with anything other than 20" wheels from the factory. The only option you have is between the RSA All Season and F1 Three Season tires.

You can check any site you want, everything will confirm that the 2008 Challenger SRT8 can not come in any other gear ratio other than 3.06

Heck, this might convince you. Go to Dodge.com and build a 2008. No matter what options you choose, it reports 3.06 Gear Ratio. Try as you might, that will never change. Go build a 2009 SRT8, and you can see you can ONLY get the 3.92 gear ratio with the 2009 SRT8 6-Speed (it is not even an option on the 2009 SRT8 Automatic).

The fact that you are misleading customers and attempting to gain a sale through misrepresented information is disheartening. It's evident enough by your desperate attempt here that no one is willing to pay that much money anyway. Anyone who would have and who wants it for a collectors car already has theirs.

I will be contacting the Orlando Zone Manager tomorrow to follow up on your attempts to propagate false information and garner a sale through misrepresentation of a car. Salesman/Dealers like you caused me great frustration earlier in the year and is the reason I have gone out of state for my Challenger purchase because honest dealers/salesman are a dying breed.

Orlando Zone Office
Customer Relations Manager
Chrysler Corporation
8000 South Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, FL 32809
(407) 352-7430

(Anyone else here feel free to contact them as well - it's the Chrysler Zone Manager contact for the area this salesman's dealership operates out of)

It is fine if you don't know the information, Jerrod, but do not make it up and use it to try and gain a sale. Simply say you do not know then look it up. Be an honest salesman for once.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

You left out one important fact, PRODUCTION NUMBERS!
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...date/upd06.txt

$2.2 mill for 71 Cuda... of course it was a convertible... so deduct a million and should be a fair indication of the value of an SRT8 Challenger in exactly 33 years. Cant be a more secure investment out there.

Notice the guy bought it to drive it... AND let his friends drive it... [8D]
Ahhh... dont sweat the small stuff... I will be holding out for a cool $22 milion for mine... figure that should cover inflation and all...
Old 09-04-2008, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

You left out one important fact, PRODUCTION NUMBERS!

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...date/upd06.txt

$2.2 mill for 71 Cuda... of course it was a convertible... so deduct a million and should be a fair indication of the value of an SRT8 Challenger in exactly 33 years. Cant be a more secure investment out there.

Notice the guy bought it to drive it... AND let his friends drive it... [8D]
Ahhh... dont sweat the small stuff... I will be holding out for a cool $22 milion for mine... figure that should cover inflation and all...
BOY SHUT YO MOUF! LOL
Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 PM

I made a couple attempts to let J-Rod correct his own errors.

I think you gave him something to think about Venthos. I'm sure from now on he will be backing off in his own jack yard.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 PM

My two cents worth:
This car may be somewhat collectible someday but even if you own and mint 1970 Cuda worth 250,000.00, it would have cost you way more than that to maintain and store and insure it. If you are storing this car to someday make money, I have some swamp land in Florida for you.
I am also one who paid over sticker price and have not seen another on the road since July 18 when I picked it up. You guys who waited around for invoice lucked out with gas prices collapsing sales of all muscle cars and trucks. Please don't tell me how smart or how rich you are. It was dumb luck.
I waited two years for Ford GT prices to come down. It didn't happen. I waited for a year to buy a Shelby GT 500 without a 20K markup. No Luck! Life is all about timming. I paid extra for this car because I decided I was going to have it regardless of who else wanted one and I got it and now I'm flogging it every day. I still thing it's the most beautiful car I've ever seen but the 68-71 era of muscle cars only happened once and any way you slice it, there will be a lot of these cars.
PS
I bought my orange car because Dodge said it would not be available in 09. They changed their mind and devalued my car. Pisses me off!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: GPMAN

My two cents worth:
This car may be somewhat collectible someday but even if you own and mint 1970 Cuda worth 250,000.00, it would have cost you way more than that to maintain and store and insure it. If you are storing this car to someday make money, I have some swamp land in Florida for you.
I am also one who paid over sticker price and have not seen another on the road since July 18 when I picked it up. You guys who waited around for invoice lucked out with gas prices collapsing sales of all muscle cars and trucks. Please don't tell me how smart or how rich you are. It was dumb luck.
I waited two years for Ford GT prices to come down. It didn't happen. I waited for a year to buy a Shelby GT 500 without a 20K markup. No Luck! Life is all about timming. I paid extra for this car because I decided I was going to have it regardless of who else wanted one and I got it and now I'm flogging it every day. I still thing it's the most beautiful car I've ever seen but the 68-71 era of muscle cars only happened once and any way you slice it, there will be a lot of these cars.
PS
I bought my orange car because Dodge said it would not be available in 09. They changed their mind and devalued my car. Pisses me off!
LOL are you joking.

It is called being smart and knowing when to buy. Any american car gas guzzler or not always goes down in price and you get really good deals. Just like the corvette now is at 40k, amazing price and whoever waited got a whole lotta car for 40k. So stop being jealous that some of us got invoice or under msrp. It is a choice, you want to be first on the block? good for you. But for us who want the car of our dreams at a good price we have no problem waiting for a sale. Which is great because while dealers have the 08s collecting dust on their lots , the 09s are coming in, meaning the 09s are pretty much coming in at the same time most 08s do. I have no problem with you getting a car over msrp but to say that is was dumb luck for us who waited to get invoice or msrp is just plain dumb. I could have ordered an 08 at msrp and decided not to becuase 09s had better color options. You have to do your homework to get good deals, you cant just go to your local dealer and look at the sticker and say OH MAN ITS NEVER GOING DOWN IN PRICE!

my 2 cents.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM

Kevin... go back and read your posts throughout this entire thread. If you were just casually reading this thread and came across these wouldnt you agree that you sound like a pompous jackass. Maybe this was your intent but I seriously think you somehow believe you are just smarter than everyone else. Maybe you should consider stepping down from that high horse and take a look around from a realistic perspective. Fact is you had an 08 ordered from a dealer and you couldnt come up with the money and dicked them around too long so they jacked the price making it out of reach. Now that the economy has thrown too many curves to count and the current market is in chaos allowing those who couldnt afford an 08 when the wanted one (you) a second chance at an 09 model without the mark-up. Sounds like pretty much dumb luck to me when you know the background of your story... unless you somehow have control of gas prices, inflation, housing slump etc..

You point the finger and name call and tell people theyre dumb... maybe you best look at the boy in the mirror...

Chill bro... lifes too short...

Just my 2 cents...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

"wouldnt you agree that you sound like a pompous jackass."
Hmmm? I'm not expecting an all capped yes to this question.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:48 PM

Kevin... go back and read your posts throughout this entire thread. If you were just casually reading this thread and came across these wouldnt you agree that you sound like a pompous jackass. Maybe this was your intent but I seriously think you somehow believe you are just smarter than everyone else. Maybe you should consider stepping down from that high horse and take a look around from a realistic perspective. Fact is you had an 08 ordered from a dealer and you couldnt come up with the money and dicked them around too long so they jacked the price making it out of reach. Now that the economy has thrown too many curves to count and the current market is in chaos allowing those who couldnt afford an 08 when the wanted one (you) a second chance at an 09 model without the mark-up. Sounds like pretty much dumb luck to me when you know the background of your story... unless you somehow have control of gas prices, inflation, housing slump etc..

You point the finger and name call and tell people theyre dumb... maybe you best look at the boy in the mirror...

Chill bro... lifes too short...

Just my 2 cents...
Wow out of all the people I would expect this from, you? Wow. First of all I guess you just breezed through our conversations but I had 1000 to put down on a challenger in black at msrp. I said put me down right now. Salesperson calls back and goes oh its a 1k deposite NON-REFUNDABLE. He didnt even know the color. He finally agreed to give me the first black that came in. He calls me back and goes oh my manager says it is 2k down now. As I wasnt going to be suckered into this I declined. I think you need to rethink what you say and who you talk about. I am not saying people who paid above msrp are stupid but when you call people who decided to shop around like he did dumb, I will defend those people. People that call me broke and say that myself and others who want a good deal on a car that depreciates a WHOLE lot the minute you drive it home is a smart and personal choice. Just as the choice to buy it above msrp is that person's choice as well. Think about what you say and look at the boy in your mirror as well. This doesn't need to escalate but please don't go blabbing about how it is just dumb luck that the challenger is going for msrp and under now(not directed at you mopar). It isn't, It is smart shopping for the person who is looking for a deal and cant afford or just don't want to pay above msrp. So please do not make this personal mopar because I didnt join this forum to start E-fights.

Chill out and next time you have a problem with me,
usethe PM button like Andre did .[>:]

Quick Reply: I have a 2008 Challenger for sale!