Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Interior leg room

Old 09-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interior leg room

ORIGINAL: Challenged Fireman

It's funny that you mention how it was when you were young. Growing up, we had a sedan of some sort for a while. I can remember many a trip playing and sleeping on the back dash. After that we had a big van. We spent more time in the floor than on the seats. Now there are gonna be mandatory Car seat hooks in all cars........my how times have changed.
We did have car seats but I think I was about 2-3 when they stopped using them, now I've heard that they have to use car seats for a much longer peroid. All I remember is how I hated those stupid car seats. I couldn't move at all, and I hated the position that the first one sat me in. Plus, they had the tendency to pinch me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interior leg room

Yes, it is much longer now. Now you have to be 200 lbs and about 50 yrs old before you can sit in a regular seat. Under 40 you have to sit in the back seat away from the airbag. .

Ok, not that bad, but still. Requirement, depending on the state, is anywhere from 4-8 or over in a "booster" seat and a max of 80 lbs before moving on to the regular car seat.

The Yes Essentials, yes, it was like wax and water. It sat on top. I think some of it "soaked" in. I put it that way because it really never set in. It came up right away so it was more like in the surface at the most, but for the most part it was like the water and wax combo.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for family sedans that are cheap. I'm sure they aren't hard to find, I just haven't ever looked. Might be something I need to do in the near future. Thank you.