Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Intersting news.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting news.

something to keep in mind, think about how few cars dont have the large cloth "heat shield" on the bottom of the hood...i know the the stratus and ramcharger both have them, and so did the mirada (prior to the fiberglass hood going on)...i would have to think that the production hood would have some kind of heat blanket under the hood..no?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:48 PM

Awesome, great pic and post!

Why would DCX be showing the car off so much if production was still in question? Answer: They wouldn't!

To here that pricing will be close to the Charger is great news. I was thinking about buying a Charger a year ago when all this started for me and a stumbled onto pics of the Challenger.

Thanks for running a great site bro!
Old 06-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Administrator

lots keep in mind that this source is not someone who is involved in the pricing process, he was simply telling me what the discussions have been...its not a sure thing..
Old 06-13-2006, 04:35 PM

bored out, anyone who thinks this car won't be built needs their head examined!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

something to keep in mind, think about how few cars dont have the large cloth "heat shield" on the bottom of the hood...i know the the stratus and ramcharger both have them, and so did the mirada (prior to the fiberglass hood going on)...i would have to think that the production hood would have some kind of heat blanket under the hood..no?
Maybe because heat transfer is not as bad with a carbon fiber and didn't need it or maybe it wasn't going to have that many miles. I do not know.

If they keep the mold the same with or without the heat shield there are still those 2 panels that are screwed on underneath the butterfly valves.

Do you know what they could be for?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Administrator

to repair the vale workings without having to have a bigger hole in the hood? that way, if the level breaks or something, you can remove the panel and fix them?
Old 06-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Certainly makes sense and if they really wanted to they could configure to have two tunnels on each side of the hood instead of the one feeding the air filter.

Of course they would have to change air filter configuration. I just hope they keep the butterfly valves and they are functional. I am not into performance parts that do not work.

If it is going to look like a bad boy then it better be a bad boy.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Rob

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Certainly makes sense and if they really wanted to they could configure to have two tunnels on each side of the hood instead of the one feeding the air filter.

Of course they would have to change air filter configuration. I just hope they keep the butterfly valves and they are functional. I am not into performance parts that do not work.

If it is going to look like a bad boy then it better be a bad boy.
You preach it man! I agree 100%!

If it looks like a moose drinking orange juice it better be a moose drinking orange juice!

R.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

hmmm...for what its worth, i have spoken with another source (who also asked to remain unmentioned) who verified that the woodward dream cruise will very likely be the setting for the official announcement.