Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Just order 4 Challenges today!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just order 4 Challenges today!

Yep, be a little patient and get a cheaper price..... and you can quote me on that.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
mac

Baseball cards and the challenger, what do they have in common? Only worth what you are willing to pay. How do you like my simplistic economic model?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Yeah, I dont have the money to pay over MSRP, but I'm not going to mad at the dealers who sale it over-price, as long as some have more money than patience, it will always happen. But also, just like the PT cruiser, crossfire, etc, I think this car will be affordable. They cant afford to alienate the diehards twice. To many people have their hopes up. So if they dont perform its....... [sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 12-06-2007, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Joer. True that. Chrysler better not start jacking the price and reducing their targeted demo. A reference to Robert Duval in the movie Colors comes to mind something about walking down and taking them all. Of course this is a family oriented posting facility, so you'll have to remember the line yourselves. But, hopefully you get the gist.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:39 AM

I have no doubt it be affordable, but rather will it be affordable in the color/engine choice/addtional options you want, i have no idea. Though even at 40K The SRT is (before ADM) is reasonable.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:53 AM

I don't understand all the gnashing of teeth. Those with the means and desire will gladly pay over MSRP to get the first ones. No one has a gun pointed at their head. Those who want a better deal will simply wait it out. Dodge doesn't owe a everyone the right to purchase a first run limited edition Hi-Po car at MSRP. Just because you want it bad doesn't mean you're gonna get it. That being said, the more restraint people show, the better the pricing will be for everyone. But there will be plenty of people who gladly overpay on ebay and at their local dealers and all the Dodge salesfolks will think that's the way it's always gonna be until people stop overpaying. I'm waiting a year or two for all the bugs to get worked out, for more color choices, prices to be where I want them, and maybe that rumored 6.4 to come out. In a year the Camaro will be close to launch, new Bullitt Mustangs, Boss Mustangs, restyled Vettes and Mustangs. There will be lots of choices and the Challenger will already be old news. That will cut prices a lot. Relax, already.

I'm surprised the Japanese makers haven't tried to do a $35K two door 375-400 HP Muscle car. They keep dropping V6's in everything. Toyota has 6 SUVs and no sports car.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Brings up the thread about Pony cars in Nascar and what Toyota what race.....still makes me think Supra! Nice, they could even go retro all the way back to 80's...you know 25 years ago or 27 if you want to go the earliest part of the decade!

Anyone feeling old?

Old 12-06-2007, 01:14 PM

you may have ordered 4 cars, but your not gonna get them, only 1 per dealer for 2008, it doesn't matter how good the dealer is or that he's "tops" in the state or region. the other 3 will be 2009 cars. but it cool every dealer will get at least 1 car for the first year.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I'm going to say this right now. Certain people on here need to calm down. If you can't handle hearing the fact that dealers are going to mark up, then you shouldn't read it nor should you post on it. It's a fact of life. Other people on here need to becareful how they communicate and not rub in the control they have as it turns people against them and makes a wound more painful by rubbing salt into it. I also want to inform certain people that name calling and swearing violates the rules. I advise you refrain from this. If the two of you cannot talk civilly, we might have to lock the thread (please don't make me restore to this). Now please continue discussing as long as it's civil and falls within the rules.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-06-2007, 04:49 PM

Alot of good points but the 1st run for 2008 is 4500 units and not every dealer is going to get one. If your local dealer is not 5 star, forget it, they are not getting one. That weeds out a shit load of dealers right there.
DamnSkippy you are 100% right, some people do not understand the supply and demand. You people are here on the board driving up the price as we type.
Who will pay $5,000 over MSRP for a first year Challenger? I know you are out there. I will be honest, I will not pay over MSRP myself for anything, I didn't for my Harley, my Mustang nor my Jeep 4 door. I paid MSRP except the Jeep that I had a control number for. MSRP gives the dealers a fair amount of profit on a vehicle. You think you deserve a better deal then go buy a dealership. DO you people really think that a dealership that has spent millions of dollars on there franchise does not deserve to make a profit. Let me guess they can make a profit on the next guy to make up for not making anything on you right? Enough already!
Every Dodge store that you go to will have at least 8 sales people, out of those 8 sales people half will have 2-3 names and numbers of people that want the Challenger and will pay the price to be the first own them.

Quick Reply: Just order 4 Challenges today!