Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Kevin is a very confused man ....

Old 10-13-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kevin is a very confused man ....

I have had my share of manuals.
I think auto with the right torque converter will be quicker.
I wonder if the new Camaro will need throw out bearing every 10k miles or so.
I have changed more clutch & pressure plates than I ever wanted to.
My Brother and his GM buddies always had that glorious hum/wine.
I wonder if that will be the retro touch with the Camaro.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Should also mention that the V6 camaro's got a manual transmission standard and a six speed automatic optional. That will drag a few buyers to their side I'm sure.
Very true. But the key phrase is "a few."

Whether Challenger or Camaro, each has its own enthusiasts who will buy his favorite regardless of what the competition offers. Personally, if I won a Camaro as a prize or something, I'd immediately trot out to Fiesta Dodge and trade it in on another Challenger, just like many Chevy guys probably would do if the situation were reversed.

Particularly in the V-6 world, you're not talking about significant differences in performance, so it pretty much comes down to which car you like the looks of better.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: SRT8

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Is it just me... or is it kind of puzzling that someone would come to a Challenger forum... filled with Mopar enthusiasts expecting that they will be somehow praised for helping us to see the light on the beauty power and mystic behind the new camero..?? Maybe I am just really missing something here..??

Or... maybe I should go join a camero forum myself and see how they welcome me shedding light on all my thoughts about the Challenger...

Some of us own more than one brand. Some of us will enjoy comparing our Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. I will have all three soon, two owned, one to go, ordered today.

Maybe it is you who should take a hike if you can't play nice?

[8D]

you sir........are a true car enthusiast..
Old 10-13-2008, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

ORIGINAL: SRT8

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Is it just me... or is it kind of puzzling that someone would come to a Challenger forum... filled with Mopar enthusiasts expecting that they will be somehow praised for helping us to see the light on the beauty power and mystic behind the new camero..?? Maybe I am just really missing something here..??

Or... maybe I should go join a camero forum myself and see how they welcome me shedding light on all my thoughts about the Challenger...

Some of us own more than one brand. Some of us will enjoy comparing our Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. I will have all three soon, two owned, one to go, ordered today.

Maybe it is you who should take a hike if you can't play nice?

[8D]

[8D][8D][8D]
Old 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

I get the feeling you wont be buying anything but a huffy 10 speed if you are only as old as you act.
I had a Huffy 10 speed when i was 10
Good times.
The thing was like 20 years old.
we gave it away thankfully
Sorry to change the subject.

I would say we better all just get along and be happy Because by the looks of it the Challenger and Camaro are going to be cousins in this great big american auto industry family. So quit whinning.

But just say the word and i'll hop out of this conversation.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:53 PM

YO GET OUTTA HERE MAN ....hahah just messin with you...you actually said it perfectly and funny thing is you are younger than all of us.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM

/agree

Sometimes I wonder if it's possible to be a car enthusiast around here instead of a dodge enthusiast. I like the Challenger but it's not the only car out there I'd like to own. Guess I don't fit in around here then eh?

Wish I made more money. Enough to afford all 3. Sadly I had to "settle" for the mustang.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:56 PM

yea this is getting out of hand rudy and I thought this site had moderators....but i think jeremiah is at work right now.
I've actually been wondering about that too - used to be mods were lurking about on just about every post ready to pounce on anything they found even remotely offensive - RLSH700, 1BadMirada, for example. "Jeremiah" still chimes in on occasion, but the other 2 have been MIA for awhile now, like they just suddenly lost interest (maybe they did). [sm=wakeup.gif]

Anyway, I believe we have room for enthusiasts from all walks of life, be they Mopar, GM or Ford. I love the Challenger, but guess what? I've also had 9 GM F-bodies (still have my 78 Formula and still drive it on occasion). Those who are so blinded to one brand and completely dismiss others are those I've never had much use for, and I've always thought such an attitude was, well... stupid.

If someone actually wishes to expand their enthusiastic horizons and appreciate our competition and be a part of other forums, personally I don't have a problem with it. It's a shame that there are those here who apparently do.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mopar through and through. But I do have an honest look (though skewd slightly) at other makes. All I own are Mopars and I really am settled in my ways. I will be the first to jump in to defend the defendable. But when it comes to facts its what it is. Speculation is just that and everybody has a say in that. I can take an honest discussion about the pony cars... but keep in mind this is a Challenger forum and they came here to talk about Challengers. I think if you took a Mopar guy or anyone positive on the Challenger and went to a Mustang or Camaro forum they would run into the same conflict or worse. If we keep the fact as facts there is little room for conflict. When I was a younger man there was not an internet. We did our talking on the street and let me tell you it got heated But could be settled quite quickly with a jount down the road. Thats how we did it then. Today we have thin skin and mouth off on a screen in front of our face. Face to face people have more repect and are choosing their words a little more carefully. So try to keep things in prospective and know that we are just talking cars here Now politcs and religion" thems fightin words"
Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM

Personally I look at it this way, it is a CHALLENGER forum. I know there are other makes and while bashing them may be fun it is a fact that people do own other cars as well as the Challenger they either bought or are buying. I have an 06 Mustang GT (wifes car) and a Chevy HHR (my daily). Now, these cars were bought with a purpose, gas being almost $5 made me sell my Avalanche as the 502 ci/4X4 was killing me in gas. My monthly was around $600 and that was tough to deal with. The HHR costs me about $100 a month, so purpose filled. The Mustang was bought for the wife as she wanted one for many years as her family had a 65 bought new and wore out. She wanted to have a new one. Again, purpose filled. Now, as for the Challenger, its my midlife crisis/end of life hotrod. Pure and simple. I can say its purpose will be filled quite nicely. I do not extole the virtues of Ford or Chevy, nor do I swear Chrylser as king of the heap. I do say I hate the new Camaro (a car, by the way I loved in the 60's)as it is butt ugly. My opinion, period. I hate the wife mustang but do drive it quite a bit. Plain and simple, every one has opinions, if you dont want to hear them dont read the post. No need to bash the people. I didnt read any rules that said we have to love Dodge only. as for the other side, if you cant take being bashed or have thin skin, I suggest again, not reading the post. Lastly, if you dont like whats being said and want to stop the thread from ongoing, quit posting replies trying to get the last word in.

Quick Reply: Kevin is a very confused man ....