Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Killer deals

Old 05-19-2009, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killer deals

So I've heard around the internet that dealers are liquidating cars now because of the closures. I read a snippet somewhere about a person getting a basic R/T for $21K.

If anyone runs across a deal like that please let me know. I will definitely do whatever it takes to jump on it. Thanks
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 AM

Check with Burt. They had, keyword had, I don't know if they still do, an R/T Challenger They called me up and said that they were doing a fire sale and willing to deal. The website is the name .com.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 PM

They are out of R/Ts and the one they did sell went for over invoice according to what they told me.

Unfortunately far far from what I'm hoping to STEAL one for.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM

I have been told by someone close to a dealer that after they are no longer a Franchised Dodge Dealer, that technically they have to sell whatever stock they own as “used cars”. The reason being that the dealer then becomes the first owner of the vehicle and therefore when they sell it…it is a resell because the vehicle has been technically already sold once…to the dealer. Not sure how true this is, but could be a good thing for those looking for a better deal on a “new” Dodge. However, there is also a down side to this as the dealer will be unable to offer any factory incentives and or rebates since they are no longer franchised by Chrysler. Either way, I don’t see dealers “giving-away” any new vehicles, but they may be more willing to talk a deal so that they are not left holding a large inventory of unsold vehicles…vehicles that they will have to pay taxes on if left unsold.
I still personally believe that it’s unfair to force the closure of dealers that are performing, which is exactly what is happening. If there are indeed to many dealers in a location….then the market should be aloud to thin them out….NOT the Government!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 AM

I apologize Riptide. As soon as I went down there I found out it was gone. They have a custom ordered SRT8 sitting on the lot, but that's up there in price too. I figured that the way the R/T flew out of the dealership that maybe they did a pretty good deal on it. That's what I get for figuring.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:30 PM

that sounds to good to be true!!! gives me a glimmer of hope though
Old 06-03-2009, 03:37 AM

Well, if you want my car, again at Burt, you may be able to get it. 8 months later and it's finally come in, at least I believe it's mine because it looks like the stripped model. I'm going to check it out, and look on the registry. I bet my name is still on the sticker.

Looking at the registry, if it is mine then they didn't schedule it for build until April 6th. I put the order in Oct. It was delivered on the 26th. Does this mean that some things are still moving at Chrysler?

Last edited by Axel; 06-03-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:07 PM

Ok, I confirmed that it is my car, the one I ordered, the one with my name on the sticker. Catch this, it's a base R/T, no options on it at all, it's at a dealerhsip that will be closing next Tue and they actually have the nerve to put a dealer markup on it. Are they serious? I had them at first talked to MSRP then $1,000 below and then employee pricing, which obviously disappeared so was no longer on board, but then they turn around and try to mark up a base in their condition? Talk about someting not being right there.

It is very strange to be staring at the car that should be yours, has your name on it, but someone else is going to be driving. Also odd seeing someone test driving it. I guess my color isn't going to be so rare anymore.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did though being that I got a lot more options at a much better deal, but I don't know why they wouldn't have just cancelled the order, or put more options on it. Hey, whatever makes them happy.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:14 PM

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ut-here-19849/

This the car?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:09 AM

Nope.

http://www.burtchrysler.com/new-inve...seHistory=true

Just for the heck of it, my wife went down there to mess with them, they turned around and said that they would sell it to her for as much as they were going to to me, $1,000 below. They have a new salesman there that she was dealing with, which is odd since they are going out of business. Maybe they didn't know at that time. Anyway, he said that he would have no problem selling it since five people were there looking at it while she was there. Ummm, yeah, that's why it still is sitting there. That's what my wife told him and he didn't have a come back to that. Then he said that they aren't worried if they don't sell it because a dealer down south in our state will buy it. Ok, whatever.

For some reason they think that these cars are just flying out the door. The last red one like mine sat at a dealership for a while and racked up 100 miles in test driving. I wouldn't buy a car with 100 miles of test driving on it, especially a sports car. I'm sure people were driving it like they stole it to see what it can do.

Quick Reply: Killer deals