Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

love this car- small problems .whats yours?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default love this car- small problems .whats yours?

this is the issues Im having.... the dealer is going to work on them this wednesday , what have you noticed??

Seat bolts (yea thats all of us)
rear plastic flapping at over 70mph ( i think it the rear plastic exhaust shield flapping on the pipe?
spotting on paint all flat serfices looks like water spots or sap .will not come off like its in the paint
going from reverse into drive a grinding clunking noise almost like grinding the gear on a manual?? This is the one Im worried the most about...

again this is the best car I have ever driven and I want it to last...
Old 08-25-2008, 12:13 PM

Default RE: love this car- small problems .whats yours?

Ya, sounds pretty solid...

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

this is the issues Im having.... the dealer is going to work on them this wednesday , what have you noticed??

rear plastic flapping at over 70mph ( i think it the rear plastic exhaust shield flapping on the pipe?
spotting on paint all flat serfices looks like water spots or sap .will not come off like its in the paint
going from reverse into drive a grinding clunking noise almost like grinding the gear on a manual?? This is the one Im worried the most about...

Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM

For all the issues you have get that thing back to the dealer ASAP. As for me I had a warped door handle, drivers side and it's already been replaced. No other issues at this time.

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

Old 08-25-2008, 01:04 PM

Speaking of the seat bolts, have we figured out yet if this is just an SRT problem or is it all of the models?
Old 08-25-2008, 01:41 PM

the center of the rear bumper (where the license plate is) flaps at 65+ from air under the car...a support is being added to the '09's. i cannot believe they let this car out of the factory like that, all 2008 owners, go push on your rear license plate, you won't believe how much it moves! i would hope there will be a TSB on the 2008 models.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:43 PM

I'm having the same transmission Problem it doesn't happen all the time and for me it's like a little hesitation from reverse to drive.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:56 PM

Mine gives me a clunk noise when switching gears.(FWD to REV) I think u-joint got screwed up when I was backing up and didnt stop completely and put in drive or from many a burn off or just has shitty u-joints.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear the problems that you 2008 guys are having. That is why I decided to stay away from the first year of production. Hopefully, they will be corrected in the 2009s.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: jeffko

the center of the rear bumper (where the license plate is) flaps at 65+ from air under the car...a support is being added to the '09's. i cannot believe they let this car out of the factory like that, all 2008 owners, go push on your rear license plate, you won't believe how much it moves! i would hope there will be a TSB on the 2008 models.
I said something to MOPAR2YA about the rear being held on the bottom by 1 nut. I want to get stainless steel washer for more area of hold.But if anyone who has car looks under car in middle you will see what I am talking about.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:29 PM

I've noticed the clunk from reverse to drive. I seems to happen when the front wheels are turned, like when you back out of a parking place. I'm starting to think its the stability controll hitting the brakes. Any thoughts on this angle.

Quick Reply: love this car- small problems .whats yours?