Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

love this car- small problems .whats yours?

Old 08-25-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: love this car- small problems .whats yours?

I sure hope everyone is reporting these issues to Chrysler.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:26 PM

I have also heard the plastic valance flap around 80-90 mph, i can hear it and sensed where it was coming from. ( You can actually feel it a little) There is not a good fix for this without some sort of a return or sloped edge, even with metal stiffeners you have a dam effect.

Lets see now, overspary on driverside rear rubber window molding, passenger door arm rest leather is not tucked in, bolts in seat, trunk mat doesn't fit, carbon fiber hood stripe needs trim where it rolls under hood
Old 08-25-2008, 06:12 PM

70sguy I have none of the issues you have just the Tranny problem and for what I paid for this I'm going to make sure it gets fixed, I talked to the Dealer today and one of the mechanics said some of the Chargers have the Problem with the Tranmisssion and will start looking into the matter.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 PM

I was worried about the tranny /u joint problem also it does wierd things when i back into a spot with the wheels turned i thought the brakes didnt like going in the other direction... JOANI HELP !!! please let us know your dealers responce /fix to these issues thanks Geoff

has there been any service bulletins for the 2008 yet??
Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 PM

I noticed a slight vibration at about 110 but it goes away at 120
Old 08-27-2008, 03:18 PM

Mine also does the clunk from reverse to drive...as stated previously...it always seems to happen when backing out of a spot and the wheels are turned. Had a sunroof leak right above the passenger side in the rear corner...they apparently left off a foam sealer. My dealership ordered it, had it the next day and fixed it in less than 15 minutes....no more leaks. Rear mat for the trunk is a joke though! Had to fold the bottom left corner under due to the kicker box....I did see an aftermarket one on ebay today that I may invest in with the SRT lettering in orange. My question....my floor mats do not have the challenger stitching....does anyone else's? I assumed they were the upgraded mats that my car was suppose to have?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:01 PM

Rubber,

I had my vibration when car was first received @ 80mph. Dealer sent me to goodyear down the street. I was very pleased, a manager drove car on lift slowly & carefully. Then removed lug nuts by hand no impact and removed all wheels. each wheel to high speed balance machine, knocked off factory weights, spun and re-applied weights at desired points. They placed weights in rows of two instead of an 7-8 inch single strip from factory. This way the weight was placed closer to where the machine was calling for it to be. It corrected my issue. Then three people checked and signed off lug nuts hand torqued to 150#. I was very pleased!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:37 PM

The stitched "Challenger" floor mats are factory aftermarket. they are not part of the package.
ORIGINAL: challenger_girl

Mine also does the clunk from reverse to drive...as stated previously...it always seems to happen when backing out of a spot and the wheels are turned. Had a sunroof leak right above the passenger side in the rear corner...they apparently left off a foam sealer. My dealership ordered it, had it the next day and fixed it in less than 15 minutes....no more leaks. Rear mat for the trunk is a joke though! Had to fold the bottom left corner under due to the kicker box....I did see an aftermarket one on ebay today that I may invest in with the SRT lettering in orange. My question....my floor mats do not have the challenger stitching....does anyone else's? I assumed they were the upgraded mats that my car was suppose to have?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:41 PM

Thanks Akloki
Old 08-27-2008, 04:44 PM

No problem. what color is yours? what number? ...how much do the tires cost? lol

Quick Reply: love this car- small problems .whats yours?