Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

MAN DEALERS BETTER GIVE UP!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAN DEALERS BETTER GIVE UP!

I am a frequent guy over on the camaro forum and apparently the corvette is on the list of the cars under employee discount which was just announced by GM. That means a LT1 vette which is 46,889 is dropped to 40k. How in the world are they going to sell srt8s which the vette stomps on completely in performance and isnt a bad looker either, for 42-45k msrp? We better see some nice deals if dealers want me to buy a challenger from them.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 AM

Default RE: MAN DEALERS BETTER GIVE UP!

Recheck the numbers..i think the 40k model is a V6..lol
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 AM

Most we around here won't buy a new Vette for any reason right now, we're Challenger fans wanting this car before even exsisted but the dealer need not know that. Work that angle as an auto enthusiast, tell 'em your thinking Shelby 500 as well. For the record I owned a six-speed '96 Vette with the LT-4 about five years ago and will probably own a Vette again someday...after my Challenger is paid off maybe.
ORIGINAL: kevin2323

I am a frequent guy over on the camaro forum and apparently the corvette is on the list of the cars under employee discount which was just announced by GM. That means a LT1 vette which is 46,889 is dropped to 40k. How in the world are they going to sell srt8s which the vette stomps on completely in performance and isnt a bad looker either, for 42-45k msrp? We better see some nice deals if dealers want me to buy a challenger from them.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: RUBBERBNDMAN

Recheck the numbers..i think the 40k model is a V6..lol
wat do you mean? the vette is only v8.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

Most we around here won't buy a new Vette for any reason right now, we're Challenger fans wanting this car before even exsisted but the dealer need not know that. Work that angle as an auto enthusiast, tell 'em your thinking Shelby 500 as well. For the record I owned a six-speed '96 Vette with the LT-4 about five years ago and will probably own a Vette again someday...after my Challenger is paid off maybe.
ORIGINAL: kevin2323

no matter what I m going challenger but I will be letting my dealer know that the vette is 40k and so is the gt500
Old 08-21-2008, 11:10 AM

Im really getting tired of your comparisons of the Challenger to other cars. I dont care about the Camaro or Corvette. I dont care what they cost or how fast they go or how light they are. I dont care about racing them either. If you think the other cars are so great then buy one and quit bugging us. Youre being ludicrous with all this talk about Camaros and Vettes beating the Challenger. I dont give a rats ass what other guys drive or how their cars compare to mine. I just care about getting what I like.

As far as cutting prices, why don't you cut your own salary to give your boss a sweet deal and see how you like making very little money.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

Im really getting tired of your comparisons of the Challenger to other cars. I dont care about the Camaro or Corvette. I dont care what they cost or how fast they go or how light they are. I dont care about racing them either. If you think the other cars are so great then buy one and quit bugging us. Youre being ludicrous with all this talk about Camaros and Vettes beating the Challenger. I dont give a rats ass what other guys drive or how their cars compare to mine. I just care about getting what I like.

As far as cutting prices, why don't you cut your own salary to give your boss a sweet deal and see how you like making very little money.
Hey why don't you show some respect as I have been on this forum for a long time and am a frequent poster. If you don't like the fact that I am talking about the challenger and how the prices will go down due to other cars with better performance and are in the same class or in the vettes case a class above. And how you can get one brand new for cheaper. I am helping forum members unlike the king billionaire save a few bucks and if you don't like it then don't read my threads or post. You frankly love dealers more than enthusiast and don't care whether they pay msrp under or 20k over. Just because a dealer sells the car for under msrp doesn't mean it is going to be a huge cut to salaries, give me a break. Cut the capitalism crap and let people get deals. Seriously your post struck a nerve with me.

If you are tired of me go take a nap.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Seeing how you both joined on the same day with nearly identical post counts you’re both probably upstanding members here, perhaps a moment to chill out is warranted? I personally like any thread that keeps an enthusiast from having to buy over MSRP. Dealer vs. buyer: an age old game I like when the buyer gets a fair deal.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

Seeing how you both joined on the same day with nearly identical post counts you’re both probably upstanding members here, perhaps a moment to chill out is warranted? I personally like any thread that keeps an enthusiast from having to buy over MSRP. Dealer vs. buyer: an age old game I like when the buyer gets a fair deal.

Im hitting the showers coach!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 PM

I think RUBBERBNDMAN was referring to the SE. As in, if you're looking to compare the $40K Vette to a $40K Challenger, you'd better be talking about the SE, because the dealers want $60K+ for the SRT8s.

But your premise of SRT8s being overpriced because you can get a Corvette for $40K has limited merit. If everbody here was shopping based purely on performance, then maybe you'd have a point. But if point A to point B time is your only concern, buy a motorcycle.

I am buying a Challenger because it fits what I want from a car. I like the looks, I like the size, I like the power and I like Dodge. The Corvette is too small for me. I have no interest in it at any price. Others here prefer the looks of the Challenger, or the HEMI, or the history or some other reason. A price reduction on the Corvette may sway a few potential SRT8 buyers, but not as many as you think. And certainly not as many among those who frequent Challenger entusiast message boards.

You've heard of "preaching to the choir?" Well, you sir have brought the wrong sermon!

Quick Reply: MAN DEALERS BETTER GIVE UP!