Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

MAN DEALERS BETTER GIVE UP!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAN DEALERS BETTER GIVE UP!

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

I think RUBBERBNDMAN was referring to the SE. As in, if you're looking to compare the $40K Vette to a $40K Challenger, you'd better be talking about the SE, because the dealers want $60K+ for the SRT8s.

But your premise of SRT8s being overpriced because you can get a Corvette for $40K has limited merit. If everbody here was shopping based purely on performance, then maybe you'd have a point. But if point A to point B time is your only concern, buy a motorcycle.

I am buying a Challenger because it fits what I want from a car. I like the looks, I like the size, I like the power and I like Dodge. The Corvette is too small for me. I have no interest in it at any price. Others here prefer the looks of the Challenger, or the HEMI, or the history or some other reason. A price reduction on the Corvette may sway a few potential SRT8 buyers, but not as many as you think. And certainly not as many among those who frequent Challenger entusiast message boards.

You've heard of "preaching to the choir?" Well, you sir have brought the wrong sermon!

I was only saying that we can get a good deal on the challenger due to the incoming camaro, 40k vettes, and even 40k gt500.
I was not saying I was getting a vette, I have made it plain and clear that I am shopping for a challenger. I love the looks but the vette isn't ugly IMO. I am pretty sure I am preaching the right sermon because I want fellow enthusiast to get a good deal on a car we all love. And I wasn't saaying the vette was a deal based on just performance it was jsut the thing I chose to mention.

so if you don't like it either.....Go take a nap as well! lol jk
Old 08-21-2008, 12:34 PM

Here's my take. I've owned Corvettes and they're great fun, but I wanted a Challenger because I'm a MOPAR fan and have had MOPAR muscle cars in the past. If I wanted another Corvette I would have bought one, and you're right, there's not a lot of difference in the price for a low end Corvette. I really don't care if this car is the fastest and can beat a Camaro or a Mustang, I used to but that was a long time ago. I'm not sure this car is much faster, if at all, than the 69 (383 w/ram air) Roadrunner I had back in the day. Doesn't matter, this car is WAY better, no comparison. So buy whatever makes you happy, but I bought a Challenger and I'm ecstatic.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the SS Challenger for a little over $30,000. Yeah I know... its not street legal, but it does run the quarter faster by quite a few seconds and is priced lower. So enough with the XXXX car is this and can run that. If you like the Challenger fine, buy it. I plan to. But you can find a car cheaper and one that is faster or quicker. The Challenger does alot well and with its own take on retro style. Nuff said.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER
Here's my take. I've owned Corvettes and they're great fun, but I wanted a Challenger because I'm a MOPAR fan and have had MOPAR muscle cars in the past. If I wanted another Corvette I would have bought one, and you're right, there's not a lot of difference in the price for a low end Corvette.
That is exactly where I am at. I sold the Vette a few years ago before leaving for Korea because there is three of us and no back seat, my wife really missed the Vette. I was going to order a new Mustang GT while overseas then I heard the rumor…a Mopar RWD V8 coupe was coming. Soon the grainy spy photo well after that everything changed.
Away from here though Challenger SRT shoppers could be enthusiasts cross shopping Vette, Stang or Camaro, G8, 300C etc. It’s not a bad dealer negotiation strategy.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER
Here's my take. I've owned Corvettes and they're great fun, but I wanted a Challenger because I'm a MOPAR fan and have had MOPAR muscle cars in the past. If I wanted another Corvette I would have bought one, and you're right, there's not a lot of difference in the price for a low end Corvette.
That is exactly where I am at. I sold the Vette a few years ago before leaving for Korea because there is three of us and no back seat, my wife really missed the Vette. I was going to order a new Mustang GT while overseas then I heard the rumor…a Mopar RWD V8 coupe was coming. Soon the grainy spy photo well after that everything changed.
Away from here though Challenger SRT shoppers could be enthusiasts cross shopping Vette, Stang or Camaro, G8, 300C etc. It’s not a bad dealer negotiation strategy.

I think you are the only one that gets my post[:@]
Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 PM

I get your post you just need to start calling leave your number tell them your going to buy.End of month is coming up and payroll & rent is due. Auto trader.com call dealers up to 500 miles away.I had to go 220 miles and was worth every bit of my time. Call about 50 dealers trust me it will work. I paid 3k over..ouch but 953 is outside waiting for a beating.I had 2 others I could of gotten at MSRP but were not SILVER.Pm you cell number and I will call for you.Be nice tell them your going to buy...they start calling back.They need to sell these cars. Bills need to be paid.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:57 PM

I have actually been doing that all day today lol. you mind reader you!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

That means a LT1 vette which is 46,889 is dropped to 40k.
Not to quibble, but there hasn't been an LT1 Vette since 1996

The engines in the current Vettes is the LS3.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Yankee

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

That means a LT1 vette which is 46,889 is dropped to 40k.
Not to quibble, but there hasn't been an LT1 Vette since 1996

The engines in the current Vettes is the LS3.
ummm... ill show you quibble!!! lol

LT1 is the base package for the vette, then theres LT2 and the max package is LT3 which is basically a fully loaded vette. Sorry if I confused you.[]
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Ah, gotcha - figured you were talking about the engine when you referred to the LT1.

Please show the "quibble" hereby removed.

Quick Reply: MAN DEALERS BETTER GIVE UP!