Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

MSRP & Economy?!?

Old 12-27-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSRP & Economy?!?

Okay, I'm looking at a base Challenger 6cyl SE "E" package, no options, about $21,500 MSRP ($22,200 after destination charge).

Dealer wants to mark it UP from MSRP! ($23,200) (EDIT)

I'm not new at this, but EVERY single car I've purchased new, even during "good" economic times, I've NEVER paid MSRP. My last new vehicle, I got $3500 BELOW msrp.

Now this dealer (Tucson Dodge), wants about $1,000 ABOVE msrp!!! And here I thought they couldn't move their vehicles off the lot, and auto-manuf. wanting a bailout.

Is this normal for a '09 Dodge Challenger 6-cyl SE?
Old 12-27-2008, 11:28 AM

Default RE: MSRP & Economy?!?

It's strictly dealer-by-dealer. Unfortunately, some still are attempting to rip people off through markups. I got my SE at MSRP back in September (admittedly, it's the first time I ever paid even MSRP for a car, but I figured that at the price of the SE, I could afford to take the hit). At the same time my Challenger was on order, I saw another Dodge dealer that was trying to get $6K over MSRP for an SE. Needless to say, that one sat and sat and sat and sat ...
Old 12-27-2008, 11:34 AM

Come to Texas - delaers deal - we have never paid MSRP either - but we did for the SRT8 and it was worth it. I see the SE models advertised in Central TX and they are wanting to move them - Dodge Country in Killeen is one of them. You could be in TX and back to AZ in 2 days[sm=groupwave.gif]
Old 12-27-2008, 11:58 AM

You do not have to buy your Challenger locally. Check online for a dealer that is willing to deal. There are two on Ebay with buy-it-now prices under 22,500
Old 12-27-2008, 05:18 PM

People are buying SRT's under sticker these days. Keep looking.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:45 PM

I agree... keep looking. Also, check EBAY... if you don't want to get one that way tell your dealerer what deal they have and try bargining with them that way. Goto Dodge.com website, build the one you want and then at the end click on the look for one locally... it will attempt to match the one you built option wise with inventory in the zipcode you list. Goto the dealers website and then email or call them and see what kind of deal you can get. Here in Ohio I had a deal in front of me for a 26k SE they were willing to sell me for $300 over invoice but I passed... for now...
Old 12-27-2008, 08:17 PM

I agree with the frustration here. [:@] I was going to buy an Black 09 R/T from Glenbrook Dodge in Fort Wayne, IN, but they are insistant on getting $2,000+ above MSRP. It is ridiculous. I have a friend that works at Fiesta Dodge in San Antonio, TX. I think I may give him a call to see what they are doing.

Hate to see dealerships getting over MSRP for these cars... it provides nothing to thier value and only tarnishes Dodge's image.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: reefkeeper

I have a friend that works at Fiesta Dodge in San Antonio, TX. I think I may give him a call to see what they are doing.

I got mine at Fiesta. Is your friend Fred Garza? He's the guy I dealt with.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:37 PM

You should feel lucky, my dealer here has them marked up $10,000 over MSRP. I usually pay below MSRP, but had no problem with paying MSRP for my R/T. It took 2 weeks, but they finally dropped the mark up for me. The other 3 on the lot are still marked up.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Dodge has upped the price of the SEs since they first came out by about $500 on the msrp and $100 or so on the destination charge so they cost about $22,600 now. Also since it's the absolute base with no options you probably won't be able to get off more than $1,000. I still would not pay msrp or over. One of the dealers near me is selling them for $500 off which is probably the best you'll get up front. Another dealer wanted msrp and I said I would take one for $500 off, he said I'd never find one for under msrp. . . yeah right.

Quick Reply: MSRP & Economy?!?