Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

My frind just called and he has a 2009 Challenger R/T for the weekend !

Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My frind just called and he has a 2009 Challenger R/T for the weekend !

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i corrected the spelling after i first posted, sorry about that!

my name is rt02racer at 2g, and i was run off by the many non-dodge enthusiasts there, like the moron with the camaro SS who went on about how he would crush my "old dodge", and even when i offered to PAY for him to get into the track, he backed down...

I met you at the mopar nationals in 2004, I believe? You were in the staging lanes, and I think that you had a problem on the run...there was actually an overhead shot in DODGE (the new car mag) sometime late in 2004 or 2005 of the staging lanes, and i was standing next to your car.

i also run dodgeforum.com..

did you get rid of the stratus?

Yep I remember now, that's cool. I have a copy of that mag at home with my car in it.

Yeah I sold the Strat after I returned it to stock engine etc. Waiting on my 2008 Challenger now. I'll take it to the Mopar Nats this year !! There were tons of jerks over on that board I agree.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:57 PM

Default RE: My frind just called and he has a 2009 Challenger R/T for the weekend !

Uh oh roswell. . . prepare for an onslaught for that comment!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:05 PM

sorry thats not the answer the answer is fix the tranny some people are buying this car just causer it has a manual option and no manual tranny in new cars should be clunky dodge better fix this problem
Old 03-21-2008, 01:33 PM

ill bet it has to do with the skip shift eliminator..........
Old 03-21-2008, 04:47 PM

Yikes, I thought the same for him too, but I have to admit as much fun as the stick could give, I'm really past it at this point in my life. I'm not gonna be out racing off the line with young kids, but just want to cruise with my wife. Plus, I love my wife and she has gotta have an auto.

Ok ok, I have said it now. Don't shoot me for getting an automatic
Old 03-21-2008, 05:13 PM

Obviously, you gentlemen have no idea how many times I've sung the praises of automatics over manuals on this board. I'll take a MODERN 1970-quality automatic over a primative, 1928 Hupmobile setup any day.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 48 and I own 2 automatics and 2 5-speeds. The 5-speeds are my daily drivers. And I will take a manual over an automatic any day of the week. I really enjoy my control over the car and I think its easier on the brakes with a manual. I feel the car better with the stick and I can show my tail when I see the need to express my self Both sons own cars and out of 7 cars only one is automatic. Its what you want and I feel people will buy what they feel they want or need. I'm just glad to have a choice. And I drive in bumper to bumper traffic everyday... but I have noticed my left leg is catching up to my right (lead) foot. And I will with the new 2009 Challenger show my shifting abilities in the 1/4 mile. I will show that a manual will keep up or surpass an automatic as far as elapsed time in the 1/4. Hold me to it when I get my new Challenger
Old 03-22-2008, 06:29 AM

I want to hear this thing run!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

The 5-speeds are my daily drivers. And I will take a manual over an automatic any day of the week. I really enjoy my control over the car
lear4406, my thoughts exactly. There is nothing like you being in control over the tranmission.

That being said, it will not be my daily driver since I have to haul stuff around in my company vehicle.

This is my car when I am on my own time during the week or weekends. I do plan to attend many of the car schools like the SRT sessions.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:44 AM

Seems it's just a matter of getting used to it, and learning to shift on tempo.

Quick Reply: My frind just called and he has a 2009 Challenger R/T for the weekend !