Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

No start w/keyless go

Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No start w/keyless go

Are you kidding, the 3 series is in the Consumer Reports top ten most unreliable!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:55 PM

The current BMW models may or may not be crap, but my 93 BMW 318 is an awesome little car. It is REALLY fun to drive for a 4-banger. If I wasnt getting the Chally, Id probably pay to have it converted to US specs and bring it home with me.

Edit: Figured I should throw a picture in. (Click Here)

Old 08-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

Its pretty common for first-year models to have a few bugs. Hopefully these will be resolved soon.
That is exactly what many of us talked about why we would not buy a 1st year Challenger.

This is for Toyota and I do not know if the Challenger works the same way-as for the keyless entry and start, I have seen people be able to get into cars as long as they have the keyfob on their person and within about 5 feet from the car........which I think most peoples arms are shorter than that.
What that means is that if you are stand close to your car somebody else can open it besides you but you have to be close to the car and I think it only works on the drivers side.

As long as you have it on you, all you have to do is push the start button. The question is asked what if your keyfob battery is dead, I was told that all you have to do is hold the keyfob in front of the start button and it reads the data and you can then start the car.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:48 PM
mac

Yes a lot of the 7 series have problems and they are not recommended by consumer reports. Some of the older 3 series had problems with electrical and would blow fuses quite often. I love the lexus quality but the ride and handling of the 3 is much superior. However I am really looking forward to the Chally and after they work the bugs out, could really be a dependable fun car to drive, at least I am hoping.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:50 PM
mac

Wallstreet I thought we had this discussion previously? Here is the link again, don't see anything mentioning worst car built but if it is, I sure do enjoy driving it .....

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...tisfaction.htm