Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Pictures should be on the way!

Old 02-21-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures should be on the way!

OK, I'm going to put 1BadMirada on the spot here and let you guys know that I managed to figure out how to e-mail him the pictures I took of the Challenger at Chicago. Me, being computer challenged as I am have not yet figured out how to post them myself so Patrick is taking on the Challenge(r). Man I love that word. I understand his and Amanda's lives are kinda stressed right now with some family issues and some illness so please be patient.

Now for my review of the Challenger:

IT'S FRICKEN AWESOME!
There were one of each color on display and to my somewhat dissapointment they were all on display stands and I couldn't get as up close and personal as I would have liked. By far my favorite is the black one, but they are all beautiful. The black is just plain menacing looking and my '09 will be black for sure.

Some things I did notice;
1. The hood scoop is actually functional. On the underside of the hood I noticed 2 approximately 1"by3" openings, one on each side about where the windshield sprayers would be located on the top side. I asked a representative at the kiosk if these were indeed fresh air inlets and he got on the stand and showed me how they are in fact connected to the scoops. Their purpose in my estimation is to force cool air into the engine compartment to help rid it of heated air. The actual air inlet to the air box itself appears to be a rather large opening behind the grill directly on the front of the air box from what I could tell.
2.Inside the front of each front wheelhouse is a ducted opening forcing air towards the front brakes. So it would appear that the openings seen on the front spoiler are indeed functional for brake cooling.
3.The "highbeams" are marker and turn signals only as we have all seen by now but they are very cool and very well done as you will see in the photos. The front end is unbelievable. It just screams "I'm about to kick some a$$!"
4.The tail lights are awesome. They really pop out at you. Jewel like-very well done. The competition will appreciate this view.
5.Looking at the car from the side you realize that it is a much more flat or slab side from the original, but the blackout panel at the bottom of the body keeps the body from looking too tall. Tricks the eye and yeah it looks "right".
6.The criticisms that the car appears shorter or more blunted in photos will be disspelled when you see one in person. The proportions are right. The stance is right. It does seem a little tall from the rear but overall it remains faithful to the original. The lines you know it should have are all there and exceptionally done.
7.The interior I can't tell you much about except that it does look alot like the Charger which I personally don't have much of a problem with. Having driven an SRT8 Charger recently I can't honestly say I'd be dissappointed with that interior in the Challenger. I really didn't expect much of the concepts interior to make it to production although it was cool. The door panels look much like the originals with what looked like a swede inserts. The rear seats from what I could tell have more room than before but looked rather spartan. Who really needs'em?

To sum it up;
In 1999 I went to the Chicago auto show to see the Charger concept and what Dodge ended up producing as a Charger was very far removed from the concept I saw then.

I like most all of you have spent the last 2 years drooling over the concept Challenger and dreaming of the day that my hopes would finally be realized. Well I went to Chicago 2 years ago to see in person that concept and returned this year to find that Dodge did not let me down this time. The new Challenger like the original is beautiful. Very well executed and a complement of the original.

Is it exactly like the concept?-no. I never expected neon tail lights to make it to production BUT I did want them to lose the crosshair grill and they did. Did I like the dash telemetry of the concept?-H
Old 02-21-2008, 02:50 PM

Default RE: Pictures should be on the way!

+1 on that!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:28 PM

great review.....thx
Old 02-21-2008, 04:00 PM

Sweet.. can't wait for the pics! Awesome write up as well man!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the Hemi-orange version of the SRT at the Philadelphia Auto Show. It was spectacular and drew the biggest crowds of any of the 700 cars at the show. Photos do not do it justice. I just wish that had they had the doors and hood open. Can't wait to hear a 6.1 fire up!!

[sm=happy046.gif]
Old 02-21-2008, 05:59 PM

terrific write up brother! Thx!!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Deranged,

Thank you so much for sharing your sincere and insightful impressions! I too am sure that photos do not do the car the true justice that the real thing, up close and personal, does! I envy you for having been able to make the trek to see the car live. Can't wait to see it live myself to experience the first hand account too. Thanks again! Cheers!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Deranged,

Appreciate the comentary,sounds awesome, you definetly have me drooling down here in the sunshine state. I can't wait until the day I drive that BADBOY 08 home.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:00 AM

Guys, it's a pleasure writing about and discussing the Challenger with like minded people like you. From watching and listening to different videos out on the web I can tell you also that after driving the SRT8 Charger that the Challenger has the same exhaust note. It is BAD-A$$. The engineers definately did their homework and it is perfect. Not intrusive inside the car but when you put the right foot down and that 6.1 starts talking it is saying, "This is raw power unleashed." It is near racecar like and sheer music to the ears. I was very impressed with the Chargers performance especially considering it is a four door "family" car and I can't wait to experience the same thing in the Challenger.

Men, I think I've got IT bad.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:01 AM

Nice job Deranged - very insightful, infomative and most of all...helpful! Rock on!

Quick Reply: Pictures should be on the way!