Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

prices!

Old 07-29-2006, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: prices!

Exactly.
I think a lot of it is going to have to do with your relationship with your dealer/salesperson, and obviously, demand for the car.

A firend has a Ford that he needed to get serviced. When I took him to the dealership, they had a Shelby sitting in the showroom. The salesman said it had been there for several weeks. I asked if the prices had come down yet. He smiled and said "the price hasn't changed". I laughed and asked him how much OVER the sticker they were pricing the car. He looked at me kinda funny and I told him I didn't just fall off of the turnip truck. I knew they were pricing a car with an MSRP of about $41,000.00 at $53,195.00 (the price he gave me), and that they could let it rot in the showroom before I paid $12K over sticker. Maybe a LOT of folks feel that way, now that they've been available for a bit, and are willing to wait until they're not going to get raped on the price. He didn't follow me out to my car, BUT he didn't argue either.

I think that the longer we wait for the Challenger (after it's available), the more money we'll put in our pockets - more time for potential price gouging to abate, and more time to save a few extra $$$ to put down on the car.
Obviously, the Challenger production numbers should be well higher than the Shelby Mustang production numbers, so the initial price "should" be lower as well.
In the same vein, Dodge can't keep the Caliber in the showroom, yet the prices haven't skyrocketed. Yeah, Caliber production numbers are substantial, so it's hard to comapre the Caliber to the upcoming Challenger on that basis alone. Additionally, we have "Employee Pricing" now, so the Caliber can be had for less than if that program weren't running.
I realize I'm comparing apples and oranges, but it's all speculation anyway.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

I hate it when companies talk in that stupid language that dances around the issue and doesn't answer your question directly. I don't care what they say, that ticks me off more than a straight answer does.

but it's all speculation anyway. We'll just have to wait and see.
That is what I've been saying all along. We are just going to have to wait and see what happens.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

For me, all of this discussion regarding pricing is non-productive unless we hear something official.....otherwise we might discouraged when we do hear the prices.

About the best we can do is give DCX feedback via official means. I like using energy on things we can control versus things we cannot.....but that is just me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

For me, all of this discussion regarding pricing is non-productive unless we hear something official.....otherwise we might discouraged when we do hear the prices.

About the best we can do is give DCX feedback via official means. I like using energy on things we can control versus things we cannot.....but that is just me.
My thinking exactly. In truth, we really don't know. I suggest we find new things to talk about.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-04-2006, 10:15 PM

C'mon, he reason you have discussion forums is to discuss & speculate...
Old 08-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Well, we can discuss pricing until we are blue in the face. The problem is these days companies are in such a competitive global market
that they have to have a competitive product with a competitive price and at the same time make a profit with a certain percentage of margin.

Profit and margins are something you and I cannot control so why bother about something we cannot control.

Oh, sure you can ask for a product without certain features and options to reduce price but DCX already has in its mind what it needs to
do to be profitable with a certain percent of margin for the type of car it is and what the market commands for the first year.

Ford and GM are having problems for numerous reasons and I don't think DCX wants to fall in the same trap.

Those are my thoughts.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: orkork

I am just saying if he uses those terms it seams that he is only conserned with speed! yes the speed is nice, but i dont think that if that is the only reason you want a car that you should be getting it. If you are going to go to a track and race/test run responcibly, then i have no problem, but hey dont drive down the public road @ 110 mph and kill someone!

I wish more people had your attitude. I live in a neighborhood where young kids drive fast up and down the street and even younger kids play in them. Sooner or later I fear someone will be hurt or worse. And since Katrina, the accidents have increased in my state. so I agree IF YOU CAN'T SAFE DONT DRIVE AT ALL.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: awsure

C'mon, he reason you have discussion forums is to discuss & speculate...
Yeah but we have beaten this topic to death. I just would prefer if we could talk about something different that we have control over or have a foggy idea about.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Well, we can discuss pricing until we are blue in the face. The problem is these days companies are in such a competitive global market
that they have to have a competitive product with a competitive price and at the same time make a profit with a certain percentage of margin.

Profit and margins are something you and I cannot control so why bother about something we cannot control.

Oh, sure you can ask for a product without certain features and options to reduce price but DCX already has in its mind what it needs to
do to be profitable with a certain percent of margin for the type of car it is and what the market commands for the first year.

Ford and GM are having problems for numerous reasons and I don't think DCX wants to fall in the same trap.

Those are my thoughts.
Exactly we only have an outside perspective, we don't really know how much the car is really going to cost for them to build. The last thing I would do if I were DCX would be to follow Ford's and GM's way of doing things. DCX has to do what is best for DCX. They are probably going to build the Challenger $2000-3000 more than the Mustang, I really doubt they will completely charge off the wall for it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 AM

according to Allpar.com

"Chrysler announced that the Dodge Challenger will be produced as a coupe, to arrive in dealerships in 2008 (as a 2008 model year car), and to be built on the same line as the 300, Charger, and Magnum. Chrysler assures us that the production car will be practically indistinguishable from the concept. We have been told to expect a price of about $31,000"...."Chrysler announced a manual transmission will be available along with an automatic, each having five speeds; an SRT-8 version will have the 6.1 Hemi while the stock Challenger will have the 5.7 Hemi (no, they will not have the new crate Hemi, nor did we expect them to). At this point we believe there will be a first-year run of about 50,000 Hemi equipped Challengers, possibly with automatics, followed by a smaller run of Hemi Challenger SRT-8 cars with manual transmissions[/b]. Rumors are flying about a 6.6 liter Hemi, but we believe that is speculation at this point. "

I am happy with the price but not thrilled with a lack of a V6 or a five speed with the 6.1, hopefully that will at least get a six, either way this info is something to think about

Quick Reply: prices!