Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

prices!

Old 08-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: prices!

i should again point out that allpar isnt any sort of "official source"...their DCX sources are usually line workers in the plants, hardly people who have REAL insight into things like price. many of their "writers" (one of which i know, and hes a wind bag who rehashes what he reads elsewhere and publishes it as his own) are only taking facts, and adding their opinion, then allpar posts it and calls it fact.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:42 PM

In regards to Bootcamps mention of "employee pricing...My brother called me last week from a Dodge dealership and told me he was offered employee pricing on a new Dakota. The salesman claimed everyone gets employee pricing for a limited time and he did not need my employee pricing "EC" number. I talked to the sales man over the phone and told him to price it anyway using MY employee "EC" pricing. Saved my brother a little over a grand!

Guess there must be some fine print they forgot to show him!!!

Buyers beware!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:42 PM

Thats true and my dealer was honest about it if you have a number you get an additional amount off of "employee price".
Old 08-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Who or what is allpar? Okay, I'll be nice. Why is it that everybody likes to quote them? Like 1BadMirada said, they are not an official source.

The $31K price everybody is quoting is probably coming from the contest rules from the Chrysler car contest.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:42 PM

It was one of the first sites that had challenger info that I knew about. Even before this car, I often went to their site for the dodge srt-4 when it was a concept and production vehicle and I guess many others had a simliar experience. If you google dodge challenger concept, the allpar website will on the first search page.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

We constantly put stuff on the Challenger in the Press section before they post the information. All they do is get it from news sources, but the problem is sometimes they post it like they have insider information or like it was their original idea. This makes it look like they are a DCX source. As such people read this as gospel. This forum does not do that, at least not intentionally. We are more like reporters here.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Administrator

the reason that people quote them is because they have a collection of line workers who like to spread rumors...and they turn those rumors into fact...or, they just post what everyone already knows...allpar is a FORUM...with a bunch of wannabe car and driver editors... i will say that they do have a great deal of information on past models, but when it comes to upcoming stuff, they are no more a source than this site is.

as for that employee pricing...when they say "employee pricing, they are implying that walk in customers get the same price as the employees, but that is seldom the case.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:15 PM

I apogolize if you felt like I said that this site was as uncapable of reporting automotive news, the thing is when if you "google" Dodge Challenger Concept, allpar's website is the first website to appear, making them seem as the an "authority" on information pertaining to the dodge challenger. I do thank you guys (jeremiah and mirada) for telling me about their secondhand opinionated information.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Administrator

allpar comes up first for alot of reasons...but the way that google works, it that is searches for the most common usages of the word for which you are searching. for instance, if you search "challenger"...it goes through the net and finds where the word challenger appears the most per page. since allpar has articles about the challenger, plus the reviews that people do...plus stuff about old challengers, the word "challenger" appears the most on their site. im sure that we are a very close second in info..if not higher, but google also ranks by age. say that you could put together the most comprehensive collection of challenger info...everything from owner testimonials to first person reviews, and stats...with quotes from the original designers. although you had the most info, if it was a brand new site, it still wouldnt rank very high since it was a brand new site. if you look around the home page, i have compiled a TON of info, and i have had people with alot more muscle car experience than myself review it to verifiy the info as being correct...however, we are still only the 10th listing on google right now..however, that has come up in the last few weeks..we were 12th.

there is alot more than just age of the site, and key words which go into the google search engine, but that is a brief overview of how it works. i dont know that anyone shy of the google owners know exactly everything that goes into it...but regardless of how it works, i try very hard to provide as much proven factual information as possible, and when i do speculate on things, i make sure that people dont think that things are fact...i dont mean to trash talk allpar, but it really pisses me off that they come across as though they have dr z posting articles, when in fact they only post rumors and pass them off as fact.

when you google dodge challenger, or dodge challenget concept, you may notice that alot of the top ten entries are magazines and such...they have very little content compared to this site, or even allpar, it makes me wonder if they dont pay to be ranked higher...
Old 08-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Gosh, no need to apologize......we were just trying to make sure you knew the situation. Have fun and keep posting.

If I knew all of the answers I would look like this guy......

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/A18B49D9D537404BBF7204608A65FD1E.jpg[/IMG]

No that was Dr Zaius.......I mean this guy.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/A1CF508699AB41958301082325FE8B1A.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: prices!