Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

R/T, SE... Where is the price?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/T, SE... Where is the price?

Ok, I know I’m probably going to take a lot of heat and get a lot of people telling me to stop whining/complaining but…

I am really irritated that Dodge didn’t release the price and order date of the R/T and SE. What gives? They could have at least given us a date when they are going to have prices available.

I have roughly 6 ˝ months until the lease is up on my current car and I have to get a new one and I could really use a price and date to help me figure out what I am going to do next….

Having said that, I am very happy with the info we have on the new R/T and SE. I am really looking forward to seeing how the Challenger plays out. I just wish they could have done more then show the R/T and say “Ask us anything but when it’s available and how much it is”…
Old 03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Banned

Default RE: R/T, SE... Where is the price?

They did mention that the SE will start in the "low 20's". I figure the RT will be priced between the SE and the SRT, probably in the low 30s.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: 66Cuda

Ok, I know I’m probably going to take a lot of heat and get a lot of people telling me to stop whining/complaining but…

I am really irritated that Dodge didn’t release the price and order date of the R/T and SE. What gives? They could have at least given us a date when they are going to have prices available.

I have roughly 6 ˝ months until the lease is up on my current car and I have to get a new one and I could really use a price and date to help me figure out what I am going to do next….

Having said that, I am very happy with the info we have on the new R/T and SE. I am really looking forward to seeing how the Challenger plays out. I just wish they could have done more then show the R/T and say “Ask us anything but when it’s available and how much it is”…
You don't want much, we still don't know when our 08's will be built, and you want to know about the 09's.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:01 AM

They may just not know. If they do not have date/price finalized, why incur ill-will by making up numbers, then changing them?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:15 AM

I just heard from a friend at my local dealership. She states no pricing info has been released by Chrysler as of this morning.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 AM

I'd probably use Charger pricing as an approximate yardstick (not counting the greedy dealer markups, of course). Figure Challenger's pricing should be somewhere within a few hundred bucks, give or take.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM

It really just amazes me that they are showing a car with no info... at lest when they showed the '08 at Chicago they had numbers to go with it. I would be going stir crazy if I had ordered a 08 and they couldn't tell me anything about when it was being built.

I know several engineers at Dodge and every week they have a new date when the '09s can be ordered. This weeks date is May 5th... But I'm sure that will change... I'm not asking for much... really... just get your act together and get consumers the info they need... come on. Not rock science.