Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Reason for Shipping Delays

Old 10-08-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reason for Shipping Delays

Have you guys heard that the reason for the delay in shipping about a 1,000 recently built Challengers has been a problem found with one of the half-shafts? Apparently Dodge wanted to inspect the completed cars to insure that they were not affected by this problem.

Also, there is a recall on the 2008 Chargers and Chrysler 300s because of the half-shaft issue.

In a way, I am glad that was the problem. The previous rumor was that the current credit crisis affected Cerebus' ability to cover shipping costs.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reason for Shipping Delays

ORIGINAL: Cuda340
The previous rumor was that the current credit crisis affected Cerebus' ability to cover shipping costs.
Im glad I didnt hear this rumor. I would have gone ballistic. The Half-shaft info comes from Bob. Im glad he is out there helping us out. It is so nice to have SOME info to go on.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 AM

I'll bet they're actually waiting for the compact spare tires to come in. In which case, those cars will never be seen....
Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 AM

I wonder if this is just one of many repercussions suffered by Chrysler's desire to beat Camaro to market. In an effort to get to market first, I can not help but think they perhaps cut a few corners. For starters - anybody who has seen Challenger's interior knows exactly what I am referring to.

Seems to me like GM is doing it the right way with Camaro - When the all-new Camaro comes out next Spring (complete with a new platform, new interior, etc.) there will plenty of V8s and V6s immediately available and they won't be painfully trickling out like Challenger...
Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

For starters - anybody who has seen Challenger's interior knows exactly what I am referring to.
Hey, you know what? If you don't like the interior, then don't buy one. I'm not picking on you Albeeno, I'm just tired of everyone "disin" the interior. I think it is fine and has excellent fit and finish. While I myself wish there was a little more coordinated color in the interior, I have received many compliments on the interior. I especially like the guage cluster and instrumentation. The leather seats are quite supportive and even the back seat is comfortable. I've ridden in luxury cars with more ugly interiors. Also, I've owned several Chevy's and none of their interiors compared to this!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM

I've got to agree with you, Albeeno. I really can't figure out why Chrysler seems to be limiting the output of the Challengers and is putting out cars that parts aren't even available for (i.e., donut spare tires, when you try to order one through a dealer). It's like they're not really prepared to produce the Challenger and are going about it like the car is an afterthought.

You'd think that with all the problems that were associated with the 08s and the complaints that were lodged, things would be improving now but they don't seem to be. Look at all the people waiting for 6-speeds. And are allocations of any type of car to dealerships the normal way the car business operated? An allocation system implies that there's a shortage of the product.

I've got the feeling that when the Camaro debuts, Chevrolet dealerships will have plenty on hand and in all the configurations people want.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 PM

The boys at Chrysler have never had the same execution on cars as the other manufacturers have. Mopar has always had an unorthodoxed manner about them. Why should we expect that to change now? The quirkiness that Mopar delivers in my opinion is one of the attractions of the breed.

As for the interior there are two things I think could be a little better suited to the car than what was incorporated. I would have loved it if they had used the concept steering wheel... but as I understand it there is a huge amount of cost and time involved in a change of this magnitude due to safety testing and government requirements... and what kind of return on investment do you think it would have netted Chrysler on a limited production car that may not see more than a few year run?

The only other thing I don"t really care for is the shifter knob for the auto stick tranny. It just seems a little weak in styling and... well... silly. I plan on getting my hands on a manual shifter and fitting it up to the auto for my car... pretty simple fix for that one.

As for interior quality I am very happy with the overall look, feel and quality. No complaints other than the two minor styling issues mentioned above. And a far cry nicer than what I have seen out of the GM camp... that interior just sucks hiney in my ever so humble opinion...
Old 10-08-2008, 05:45 PM

I like the interiors myself. Showed the car off to a couple of Mustang guys today and they both really liked the seats and the guage layout. Matter of taste I guess.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:19 PM

As for all the delays, they are what they are. I would love to have my car here and now, but for dangs sake, it was about three years ago that I first saw the concept and decided then that this would be the next car I owned. Being that I am now nearly 44, I cant say I really waited the last 35 years, although my buddies in HS who owned them I sure as heck was jealous of. Anyway, what Im saying is, it gets here when it gets here and I know that after this past three years of waiting, that another month, or whatever it takes, will be worth the wait. It may be stuck in Canada, but I know its built and will get here. My 2 cents.

Happy and waiting, even though delivery shoulda been today!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:24 PM

Did Mopar shut down Vin Vision... I get a server error when going there now...

Quick Reply: Reason for Shipping Delays