Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

RT built right? interested?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RT built right? interested?

ORIGINAL: brucer41

See this kind of goes back to my and a few others point. Why buy the cheaper car (RT) and then spend a bundle to get it up the SRT level? Makes no sense to me. Sure you may make it YOUR way, but look at what you will pay for YOUR way. To each their own, no disprespect intended but its silly if you ask me. If it cost, then but the SE and sink a ton of money in to it and get it up to the SRT level, same thing.
Some people dont like brembo brakes, some dont like the suspension in the srt.....Its a mod nuts dream car the RT. the RT is lighter than the srt and can surpass its power and have the customizability of it being your car as well.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:30 AM

Hey Mark;

Since I actually have a car on order with you all, I would be very interested in this. My car just hit D status a couple of days ago and has a VIN # so please, forward me the details.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:28 AM

Hey that sounds fantastic... what numbers ### do you expect from this project??? This sounds exactly like what I'd like to do. Will all parts come in a Package?? Can you buy a complete package??? Warranties??? Final Cost???
Please...Please...Please... INFO...
Old 08-22-2008, 03:50 PM

Donn,
I will let you know when they are finalized and you will be able to purchase "stage packages" new or after you havethe car either way. The first stage will be all apperance products to make it more unique, including wheel choices. Stage 2 will be basic bolt ons like exhaust, CAI, tune, gears?, and Stage2 coil overs (avalible seperate of course). Stage 3 will be the S/C level with the coilovers and appearance mods.
Warranty will be the same as factory Stage 1, Stage 2 will include items that can void coverage but if it is installed in my shop you will have 1 year install warranty and the offered parts warranty. If problems arise down the line I will be there to assist as much as I can.
Stage 3 will be the difficult one, technically the warranty cannot be voided unless the mod is the fault. Some dealers will put this burden on you right away. We generally fight to the end if something is questionable. This means that if we build it for you and you change or tamper with what we have done then I cannot be responsable for it.
ORIGINAL: Husker Donn

Hey Mark;

Since I actually have a car on order with you all, I would be very interested in this. My car just hit D status a couple of days ago and has a VIN # so please, forward me the details.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:26 PM

I'm holding out for the first ever Mopar Jet packs!. Do you have a package for that? Where can you get good jet fuel? Went into D status today! Feeling a little excited. Sorry for the weird post.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
mac

Urban legend but could happen to you with your jet powered challenger:

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html
Old 08-22-2008, 10:24 PM

ROFL, actually heard that one when I was living in Arizona! I also heard a story about a guy who put a Turbine engine from a UH-1 Huey in his car. Im not sure if it was true or not. Ive also read that that Jay Lenos EcoJet uses the same engine.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:48 AM

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 08-23-2008, 07:58 AM

Chrysler came out with a turbine powered car in the 50's I beleive.... it was on the the speed channel's 100 cars you have to drive...