Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rumors- Who to Believe?

Old 07-21-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

ORIGINAL: 73Cuda340

We are just feeding the marketing engine of Chrysler, and like dolts, we are increasing the markup of the car that hasn't even been produced.

This may be true, but I doubt if our posts will have that much effect. You have to remember that Chrysler intends to mass market this car. Everyone who posts on this web site is a rabid Challenger fan- however, we are the minority when it comes to the general buying public.

Agree!!
Two absolutely essential ingredients for this to be a success...that concept car, at a competitive price (right out the gate).

Old 07-26-2007, 06:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This information was posted by an insider on another website:

"Inside info, cars are lugging around approximately 500lbs of testing equipment, are all steel (except fascias of coarse) Hoods are some sort of composite, autos AND MANUALS are in the house (manuals are pistol grips), cars apparently move and sound stellar. There are many cars at this testing facility but they are nowhere near production cars yet, the first batch of "show cars" (that will be at Chicago, etc) have not been built yet."
Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM

5.7 gen2 /6.1 gen2

4.0 phoenix ho

6.4 v1

Old 08-04-2007, 06:53 PM

I don't see the concept car on the Dodge website anymore. You can go to the old links, but you can't go to the car from their current home page.
http://www.dodge.com
Hope they're not planning too many more modifications.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:06 AM

On another site, a poster stated that he received a brochure in the mail from Chrysler stating that the Challenger is not being released until 2009. If this is true, I think that it means the Challenger will be released in late spring 2008 as a 2009 model.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 AM

I think I received the same brochure he did. It was a new model year introduction for Chrysler and Dodge sent to me by the dealership where I bought my Dakota. It was all about the new models, but it did have one mention of the Challenger.

You've seen the new commercials that feature a timeline showing many Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep firsts, right? Well the brochure had a timeline in the margin showing historical events in the Dodge/Chrysler history and into the future. On that timeline was the Challenger shown under the date 2009.

I wondered as well if that meant they were going to label the car a 2009 after all. But on the glass-half-full side I thought it was another indication that the Challenger will be the Dodge showcase car of the future. They wouldn't do anything to cancel that car, or diminish it's appeal, right?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:43 AM

Hey guys,
I personaly viewed paperwork from the new product developement team reflecting the 1st wave of challengers are due in show rooms in April 2008.

The team also said previous meetings indicated a limited run of 3000 units to be distributed thruout the dealerships and ordering can begin for the 2009 model year. This part was verbal...I did not see any paperwork reflecting actual units planned.

The inner plant rumor was that these initial 3000 units would only be available in hemi orange with the 6.4 motor! This is complete rumor and the new product developement team would not discuss motor options with me!

This launch date is only tentative, and of course is subject to delays. It also was from Daimler...who knows if Cerebus plans to continue with the previous owners time line.

As I have stated before, we still have no dies at Twinsburg yet. This continues to be a very aggresive launch date per my 17 years of experience!

Cross your fingers.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:38 PM

Not to burst your bubble white, but I am all but positive that the countdown is to the date and time in February at the Chicago auto show that the production model Challenger will be revealed. The date matches up perfectly with when the "general public" part of the show starts.
Not to mention the fact that logistically speaking releasing a sports car onto the mrket in February doesn't seem to make much sense.

**EDIT WOW, I was SOOOO late to the party, sorry white!!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:32 AM

Will the 2008 Challenger be shorter than the concept car?

Check ou these photos:

http://www.newhemitech.com/showthrea...pid=785#pid785

Quick Reply: Rumors- Who to Believe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: