Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rumors- Who to Believe?

Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

The latest rumor is that the 2008 1/2 model Challenger will be released in March as a 6.1L with 6-speed in black only.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Dodge did not do that, they would be silly. I think we have all been guessing that one for a while.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 AM

Old 09-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator

black? that would really surprise me as they have been pushing the new orange color so much...

with these common rumors of a no-option short run of the spring release models, which will get a HUGE dealer markup, i would really expect them to do something like a copy of the concept, and then remove that color option, thus making the first run all collectors items.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

There is nothing wrong with Hemi orange and it makes the car strut it stuff at car shows. I certainly would not do a concept in black at a car show.

That being said, I could easily see a select few of both colors. Orange for those that want to be seen and black for those that want to be heard.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:04 AM

The Challenger Production Car will be unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show in February. The Countdown clock is for the unveiling. The Challenger Production run will start on 4/21/08. The first ones will arrive in May of '08. Dealers do not know what the powertrain options will be. All of the rumors and speculation about the powertrain options are just that, rumors and speculation. All of the top guys involved with the Challenger want it to come out as an SRT right away, but even that doesn't guarantee that it will. The bean counters still control the purse strings. And yes, the retro black and brushed aluminum interior is sweeeeeet. The 6 speed manual is awesome!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:48 AM

rumors rumors rumors. I wish we had more than rumors. Maybe the new Marketing person will fix that. I wager there are many who are getting a bit tired of the lack of information. I suspect even the dealerships wish they had something to say - just to get people in their shops to sell them caravans.

hpjunky - and the word on the dies is? Any news at all? I think not.

Februrary they may show the production car - but I suspect it will still be hand crafted.

Then it will be another six to eight months before the cars start coming off the line. So it will actually be a 2009 model year car. Additionally, my crystal ball says they will have an array of segments it is targeted for, from the collector (first run under 1000 units) to the family man who takes the kids to sports practice and drives to work each day sitting in his prothesis.

whew - I feel better now. Ok back to optimism
Gee I can hardly wait for those dies to appear! I hope there is a manual transmission version! I really hope they come out in the original colors, and aw, wouldn't it be great if they came out with the 6.4l engine with that MDS stuff. golly - I can hardly wait!!!

- do i sound b(i)etter?
? 8^)
Old 09-08-2007, 04:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From everything I have read, I doubt that Chrysler will wait 6-8 months after the debut of the 2008 Challenger before models are available in the showrooms.

I believe we will see a limited production run of 2008s or 2008 1/2s before the Challenger arrives in more substantial numbers (with more options) in the Fall of 2008 as a 2009 model.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 PM

So who knows how long it takes from getting dies to the time a car shows up the production floor? I think we have some factory workers in here who may be able to answer that question.

Another question is, do we know if ALL thefirst run cars will be hemi orange with the automatic? I know wehave the word on the first three, but does it give us any clue to what Chrylser is thinking about the remainer of the "limited run" cars off the production line?

I am on the bridge between waiting for the 2009 full runs or getting a 2008 limited run (if that is even possible).

Looking for thoughts,
Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Unless you are rich or just don't mind blowing your money in 2008, you might want to wait til 2009. Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: Rumors- Who to Believe?