Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Two Challengers in one day

Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two Challengers in one day

ORIGINAL: Sinner

ORIGINAL: 66Cuda

LaIt is a 6SP car. Something I noticed right away is on the interior picture you can see a big red cut-off button behind the shifter. My thought is this is the emergency engine cut off switch. This leads me to believe that this is the big 6.4L HEMI! I believe this because all of dodges other engines are proven. There is no reason to have that cut off switch unless they are testing an engine that is not in production. There are some letters around the switch but I can’t read them, when I zoom the picture in they get all fuzzy.
The car they brought to the Calgary Auto show had the same red button, my guess is all preproduction driveable cars have it.

Really? I find it hard to believe that Dodge would take a test mule to an auto show.

These red cut off switches are not in all of the drivable Challengers. As I stated earlier my father drove a Challenger and it did not have the button. Also I have seen a lot of Challenger test cars posted on-line in both automatic and manual form and have not seen this red button. From my experience when I worked in the auto industry the only time these red buttons were in vehicles is when they were testing a new engine.