Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Two Must Read HEMI Books

Old 11-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Must Read HEMI Books

I just wanted to pass along the titles of two books on the Hemi, both old and new.

The first has been on the market for awhile: "High-Performance New Hemi Builders guide 2003-Present" by Barry Kluczyk. This book is about $25.00 (soft cover) and is an excellent source of information for those who want to know more about the "in's and out's" of the new Hemi. It answers a lot of questions as to how the new Hemi works and tells how it was developed. In addition, they show step-by-step how to do some "hot rodding" such as exhaust, cam, pulley, CAI, etc, using Hemi pickups, Magnum's, and Chargers. The Challenger had not come out when this edition of the book was released, but the 06 Challenger is shown and they do talk about the 08's coming.

The second book is what is commonly called a "coffee table" book because of it's size and the use of many pictures. The book is called, now sit down, as you will not believe it....."Hemi Muscle Cars" authored by Darwin Holmstrom & David Newhardt. It covers the entire range of Hemi's from the very beginning. It's not cheap at $50.00 (got mine at half price due to a promotion at the store), but worth it as the pictures are great and they have over 50 pages on the new Hemi cars, and 16 pages alone covering the Challenger Concept vehicle and the 08 production cars. The 08 Challenger is number four which I believe is Jay Leno's Black Challenger. And, for those who own an Orange 08 SRT...the cover dust cover has a nice shot of an Orange SRT doing a burnout...