Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What do you guys think?!

Old 12-25-2008, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you guys think?!

Buy the car now and enjoy it drive it. No one can predict what car company will be here or what cars they will build. There are some good deals out there now if you look around.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:38 AM

Guys Chrysler/dodge is not going anywhere ....anyone waiting is nuts....70s guys said it....you only live once why wait.....i think the challenger is a much nicer car then the camaro
if your a chevy guy buy one and be envy of those challengers.....
Old 12-26-2008, 05:13 PM

I'd buy the Challenger but its 2 tons
the Camaro is not as heavy
As for looks the Camaro SS is a hot looking car but the Challenger
is also a hot car but its wider in the rear then my 1970 challenger rt Hemi.
To me if I don't like the Camaro SS I will get the 2010 Rt...
I have seen the Black 2009 Challenger Srt8 with the $5000 markup
at my local dealer,its been there for a month already.
Everytime I pass I feel I can wait for the camaro and not rush into the
challenger.
Maybe its just me
Old 12-26-2008, 05:38 PM

Qualude,

Do whatever makes you feel good, when you get your SS call me. We can meet at the track & my 2 ton sled will give you a run for your money. Enough said, you either like it or you don't, you either buy it or you don't. Nobody is twisting your arm, but this is the Dodge Challenger Forum. Us Challenger owners are proud of our cars!

BTW: Why haven't you put a deposit down on your lighter SS yet? You more than likely won't be able to purchase one of them in 09 as well. Then what will you be waiting for?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 PM

Gezzz I think I own more 60s -70s Mopars Now then you
will ever own or able to afford...
Why not come on here and see what the good folks on here have to say about
their newest Challengers.
I am interested in seeing what the Camaro SS will look like.
I don't go to Auto shows and only seen the Camaro in magazines.(unless you call the Mopars Nationals a auto show}
Well its less then 2 months to see what the Camaro SS will look like on dealer lots.
As for dealer markups
I am sure they will be happy to get $100-$500 over INVOICE.
Look at the Challengers,you can find a RT at invoice if you want to look abit.(I see them on Ebay}
Many of the 7000 or whatever Pre orders of the Camaros,,,many people will not
get approved for a auto loan unless they have a 740 credit rating.
Many of us have cash and will be able to get the car Near invoice if we decide we like it.
Only foolssssssssssss have put deposits down on a car they have never sat or driven in.
Lets see what the final version of the car will look like?
Yep I think the STOCK Camaro SS will kick the challengers butt all day long.
But as I said many if not all will buy a Challenger if we dislike the camaro,Its not all about HP
Old 12-26-2008, 08:13 PM

All I can say is my SRT Challenger is a damn fine automobile, it is beautiful, fast and mean. The Camaro couildn't beat the Challengers looks back in the day and it won't do it again.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 PM

We will see.. I've been on the Camaro forum... none of those guy's are counting on anything faster than 4.5 to 60mph... and most seem very content with 4.6 to 60 mph... so were talking .1 of a sec??? To the shear sexyness of the Challenger??? Not gonna win that one honestly... I understand where your coming from though Quallude... but also those fellas one the Camaro forum are talking high 12's in the quarter... So you may or may not pull away from the Heavy hitting Hemi... Ole' thumper big or small is going to pull and you can count on it... It reamains to be seen from the Transformer...
Old 12-27-2008, 05:36 AM

Every time I see that picture of the three cars together I can't help but notice how friggin' big the Camaro looks compared to the large Challenger and dumpy looking Stang. The Cam is definitely not the sporty Pony car of the late 60s. The Challenger was a bigger car back in the '70s so it really is true to it's past.

I guess what I don't get is the ambiguity (wishy washy) attitude some are taking towards which car they will buy. With me, it was a no brainer. I litterally wasn't even thinking about the Challenger until I saw it in a 1/18 scale diecast model. All my thoughts of Ford Mustang went away and even the Camaro Concept car didn't make a dent in my preference. IT WAS THE CHALLENGER OR NOTHING. I already have the best looking Mustang ever ('67 Fastback). My next project car was going to be either a '70 Challenger or Cuda with a Wedge motor. When I saw the Challenger, it was perfect to fill that gap and have new technology, too. I was not impressed with the Camaro in the Transformer movie and all the photos still make it look out of proportion from a lot of angles. You either love the Challenger and must have it or you don't and can settle for something else. Either way, unfortunately, you're not going to be as satisfied with your choice as I am with mine because I have my dream car and you just have a car that was .1 of second faster 0-60. The Challenger makes me feel better about the world when I look at it. The Mustang doesn't do that for me and what I've seen of the Camaro doesn't do it either.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:51 AM

Qualude-
We have the Black SRT8 - and yes it was marked up $5,000. But we told the dealer we wanted it, but wouldn't pay the $5,000 over. Two days later, we had it and now we LOVE IT!!!! Epagusus is right on target with the differences between the Camaro and the Challenger. If you haven't read some of my other posts, I have to admit that when my husband first brought up the purchase of the Dodge Challenger - I said the car is great, but do we need to OWN it? This car is smokin hot! in looks, in performance, and gadgets. I say tell your dealer you want it and offer MSRP - it is worth it and you won't regret it.

Epegasus - that pic is way cool. When you see the cars together - it really is a no brainer.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:52 PM

I think both the Challenger and the Camaro are 2 hot cars.(can't say one is hotter then the other}
As I said I really don't care about how fast the Camaro is but looking
at the pics the car looked hotter last year then what I am seeing in magazines now.
but I feel its still good to check it out since in the Northeast the weather does not get better till March.
There is no reason to pay MSRP on any of these cars because most will not be able afford them
in 2009 and if they want aloan they will need greattt credit.And many more dealers will be out of business.
I hope the dealers that do go out of business are the ones that are chargeing over MSRP.
Only Mopar I drive in this weather is my 1969 1/2 roadrunner 440 six pack.Wingcars stay in the garage lol