Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

My advice- Reearch dealer inventory on dodge.com and be prepared to travel out-of-state for your Challenger. In the NJ/PA/DE area where I live, SRTs are treated like diamonds and command the same high prices. Find out who are the high volume SRT dealers and e-mail them when the time is right. I plan to make my move in December 2008.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mind, the dealers are not setting the prices, the customers are (you and me). If we are willing to pay 20 over then that is what they are going to sell for. Our local Dodge dealer has other dealers calling them all the time offering our local dealer way above sticker so they can have their car to sell to one of their customers. This happened at our Ford store on the Mustangs and I am not talking about the Shelby's but the new body style 2005 Mustangs, V-6's to the GT's. In 2006 things settled down but I guess you would have to compare the Challenger (SRT8 model anyways) to the GT 500. They actually made way more first year GT 500's than they will Challenger SRT8 models for 2008 and they still bring quite a bit over sticker. I would like to know if anyone has an idea of how many of the 30,000 will be the SRT8 model (comparing it to the GT 500) as top dog. I am sure the V-6 models will be easier on the wallet but will be sticker plus I would guess but the sticker will be a lot less. 30,000 cars divided among (not sure how many Dodge dealers are out there) the dealers is still not a ton of cars per dealer to play with.

Jody
Old 03-06-2008, 03:36 PM

Challenger parts will be expensive!!

Accoding to the MoparStar dealer catalog, the gas filler cap (Part # 5112873AA) retails for $639.
The calipers for it are $422 for the front and $467 for the rear (per side).

[sm=jawdrop.gif]
Old 03-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

Challenger parts will be expensive!!

Accoding to the MoparStar dealer catalog, the gas filler cap (Part # 5112873AA) retails for $639.
The calipers for it are $422 for the front and $467 for the rear (per side).

[sm=jawdrop.gif]
So don't buy those parts, your Challenger will already have them.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
mac

Deleted off topic.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 PM

maybe i will need to buy mine in alaska... they cant have that high of a demand there.. can they?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:31 PM

Its always best to find one out of state... that way you have to go on a road trip to get it I hope I find one in Arizona and then I'll take my Route 66 cruise I've been promising myself. Imagine a ride up the Pacific Coast Highway. Hwy. 1 possibly. Then a right turn towards the Midwest. Gotta stop and see Mom and Dad. Then a short jount to the house in NC. Now thats what I'm talking about... a man and his car
Old 03-07-2008, 10:06 AM

i've seen 3 differnt shelby 500's in the last couple months all with less than 5,000 miles one with only 500 miles!! All three for less than msrp. One was just a shade over 40k.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:41 AM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Its always best to find one out of state... that way you have to go on a road trip to get it I hope I find one in Arizona and then I'll take my Route 66 cruise I've been promising myself. Imagine a ride up the Pacific Coast Highway. Hwy. 1 possibly. Then a right turn towards the Midwest. Gotta stop and see Mom and Dad. Then a short jount to the house in NC. Now thats what I'm talking about... a man and his car
I agree that many of us will be forced to buy a car out-of-state to get the best deal. I know that dealers in the Northeast, where I live, are looking for big $$$$$$$$.

My only problem with a long road trip is parking my new Challenger in a motel parking lot at night. I had a car stolen and I am very paranoid about it. Maybe I'll have it delivered in an enclosed trailer.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

My only problem with a long road trip is parking my new Challenger in a motel parking lot at night. I had a car stolen and I am very paranoid about it. Maybe I'll have it delivered in an enclosed trailer.
Maybe Dodge will be offering up the Camo gear as a retail option fo that purpose...

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?