Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What will Challenger concept lose in production?

Old 07-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What will Challenger concept lose in production?

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

but MSRP is only 40k (hardtop)...the markup is for suckers, and people who 'have to have a first run'...i dont like dealing with "bugs", so im willing to wait for a challenger until the "20,000 over msrp crowd" has wasted their money.

You have stood by that philosophy since the beginning and I like it.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Administrator

well, i dont recall the exact issues, but im certain that the first of the S197 mustangs that alot of the babyboomers "had to have"...also "had to go back" because of bugs and such...hell, look at the people who paid double the 250,000 price tag for the early ford GTs, only to have them recalled because the front suspension was pulling apart under torque!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

you cant use the 99 charger concept as a basis for comparison. that was a complete concept, and there was never any REAL intention of production. when the designers of the challenger concept were given their instructions, one of them was to "make it as close to production as possible", much like the viper concept.

also, keep in mind that the mustang that was shown first (the silver one) is very similar to what the production GT500 looks like...

as for those awful gawdy wheels, if someone wants "dubs", which have awful rotational mass and kill the acceleration of the car, they should go buy an escalade or some other vehicle that isnt meant to go slow. there is a reason that few (if any) companies make drag radials in the huge sizes...because performance cars have rims that are designed to reduce rotational mass...like a nice 17 inch DragLite.
I had heard that the wheels they have on the concept are too big to begin with. The yrub going over small dips in the road and the turning radious is not very good. I'm sure they already have plans for smaller wheels yet beefy looking wheels.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

What I think will be MOST interesting is to see what colors they make it in, and what graphics come on the different trim levels. I can't guess which direction they'll go with that. It should be interesting, for sure!

The views and opinions expressed herein are soley those of the uneducated and uninformed author (whose rantings and ravings have been compared to those of people who are not entirely responsible for their own behavior or actions) and in no way reflect or represent those of anyone else.
Bear in mind that opinions are like backsides.....everyone has one and they ALL stink. :O)
I'm hoping for: Plum Crazy, Sublime, Panther Pink, Alpine White (a la Vanishing Point) and of couse Challenger Orange
Old 08-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bored out

Charger Production

Charger Concept

They don't look the same to me...
Remember there was a good 7 year gap, here there is only supposed to be a 2 year gap. Also remember the fact that the 99 Charger concept was using the LH-Chrysler designed platform used by the Intrepid/Vision/300M/Concorde/LHS etc. vs. the 2006 Charger is using the LX platform Mercedes designed. Those two are completely different cars. The 99 concept was never put into production. The 2006 Charger shares almost nothing with the 99 concept (unfortunately). I don't think you can really compare the two really.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Another thing you have to remember is that the concepts do not always pass the EPA's standards, that is why they sometimes look different (the joys of buercracy). One of the interesting stories I heard was the GTO was able to make production quicker because it was so similar to the Grand Prix. It isn't as easy as one things it might be.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts