Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What will be different? Concept VS. Production

Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What will be different? Concept VS. Production

well champcarracing, I wish you could share more and understand your position as an employee, but piqueing our interest and getting us to ponder more about this beauty scares the dickens outta me. No way would I turn down this thing no matter how they may change things for the real world, but the interior of the concept was a wonder of a sight from the ribbed seats and inserts, pistol grip shifter, trapazoidal look on the door panels, and overly cool dash with no faux wood like the 70's, we all seemed focused on this.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

champcaracing.....thanks for visiting our forum.

Nobody here wants you job to be in jepardy and everybody here is just chomping at the bit to get more information and I am sure you understand that.

Thanks for the little tidbits you have provided over the last year and please visit more often.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: thenatural

I have been hearing many things of how the production car will differ from the concept. To name a few...
1. Interior is greatly changed including the stereo dash etc.
2. It wont be a "true" hardtop anymore
3. No more crosshair grill
4. Cheap interior
You can almost proove all of these with video footage, pics etc. What else is going to change between the concept and production?
The better question is will it wreck what was already great?
Any possiblity that the crosshair grill will be only on lower end models?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:13 AM

no it is not possible but it is possible if the car makes it into a 2nd generation model they go with a grill that looks more like the 71 challenger grill
Old 12-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Albeeno makes a great point about the interior being as, if not more important, than the exterior. Remember this is where the majority of the interaction and automotive experience will happen (unless of course if you're that Kiwi stunt woman/actress in Death Proof and your writhing around AND I KNOW NONE OF US WILL LOOK GOOD DOING THAT) so w/ that said the Toyota Marketing Heavy they just purchased indicated his commitment to improve the interiors both in materials and design. I have no doubt they will not succeed in this very important product launch. Everything is going to be right on this puppy, their Corporate future is at stake....again, it will be test marketed, piloted, feed back honed to a razor sharp instrument of automotive sell-ability perfection.

Hopefully it will also be not a heavily service orientated vehicle. Better to enjoy the car on the road as opposed to in the shop!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

If it's big departure from the concept's I may have to wait out the `10 Camaro until early `09....PLEASE don't make me do that Chrysler!!!!
Keep the faith. Your pirate avatar will not look good in a Chevy bowtie!
Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 AM

more like stuntman mike with that cool icy hot jacket drivin through people
Old 12-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Got to respect Tarantino from a Marketing standpoint, he's gonna double dip w/ the One feature, other feature and for next Christmas (or sooner) the box set...I'm waiting for the Box set! It was really better as the double feature in the theater. Stuntman Mike, his best character since Snake in Escape.....

Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 AM

from New York yea it sure is the movie bombed at the theatre i did go see it though wonder if it is worth getting the dvd's
Old 12-18-2007, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Got to respect Tarantino from a Marketing standpoint, he's gonna double dip w/ the One feature, other feature and for next Christmas (or sooner) the box set...I'm waiting for the Box set! It was really better as the double feature in the theater. Stuntman Mike, his best character since Snake in Escape.....
I was thinking that as well, I thought they were going to have a box set from the beginning.

Quick Reply: What will be different? Concept VS. Production