Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
Blow his Doors Off!
0%
Gun Your Engine
0%
Do a Burnout and Choke Him with Tire Smoke
0%
Look Straight Again and Don't Acknowledge Him
0%
Look Over and Just Smile (not worthy)
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

What would You do if a Ricer Pulled Up Next to You at A Redlight and Gunned his Engine?

Old 07-07-2008, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would You do if a Ricer Pulled Up Next to You at A Redlight and Gunned his Engine?

Shake my head no... rev the engine and do a Marty McFly(kick into reverse and pull a 180) that is if we we're on a road without any cars.

Many a ricer have pulled up to our Corvette. no wins or losses... yet
It's like "I am Legend" we're all the ricer's come out after sunset and our "Will Smith" Corvette pull out the big guns.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 AM

Default RE: What would You do if a Ricer Pulled Up Next to You at A Redlight and Gunned his Engine?

why waste the gas or the rubber and tell your friends to get out and start pushin you wanna save whats left in the tank for tomorrow
Old 07-07-2008, 12:47 PM

It's OK not to want to race on the street, but I do not think that the "not worthy" response is always merited. If you want to claim superiority, you have to prove it. You never know what the other guy has, and there are plenty of tame looking cars that are heavily modified under the hood...or tacky ricers with the speed to back up their gratuitous body kits. It's fine to ignore a challenge, but to pretend you would have automatically smoked him is hubris.

To use a Mopar based example: Would you laugh if a Reliant revved on you? You might be tempted. But it might be this guy: http://www.thedodgegarage.com/
Old 07-07-2008, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two years ago when I still lived in SC, I drove over to the parts store in my 71 Challenger. This town is Toccoa Ga. and it was a Sat. evening and the rice was thick. I drove by a hang out where there was alot of kids with ricers. As I drove back by after getting my parts a Honda Civic of some kind started harrassing me. Riding my tail and revving up. He had his girlfriend with him and I guess he wanted to show off to her. She was hot. Oh yeah back to my story. So we hit a stop light and he pulled up beside me and hit his NOS and it sprayed out past his windshield. He had a smerk on his face and he revved off his limiter as his girl smiled and had a look of (your toast). So the light went green and I let him get the jump... then put bus lengths on him as I only went to 2nd and let out. Never went past 60 mph. When they pulled up I laughed and said even with 100 shot you can only be putting 200 HP out and I still have you covered. His girl looked a little P-terbed so I let it go as a lesson learned. Educating ricers one at a time. But I did get beat in my Stealth by a nice running 240 SX
Old 07-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Get R Done!

That is my kind of story.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:53 AM

That's what I'm talkin about! If you had not demonstrated road superiority, he would been posting in some other forum about how Mopar muscle cars were scared of his intimidating nitrous purge. Now perhaps he will have a more well rounded perspective
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM

Say : "I only race for titles, and I don't want THAT"

Old 07-11-2008, 01:35 PM

Some rice is good, usually have to have a few good toppings to make it worth the go juice.