Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

whats the problem now?

Old 06-11-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats the problem now?

I just cannot sit back and listen to transportation explanations anymore.

There are SIX THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED of these cars to be built. Every indication says they are going to start building the 09s after the July break. Give me a break!!! There should be thousands of cars on trains and trucks right now. At current prices, fuel is up a maximum 25% to 30%. Now for those of you that want to argue that figure, lets say its up 50%. The Challenger has a transportation charge added of $675.00. I have not heard of any customer complaining about transportation fees on a car. So let Chrysler add $300.00 per car. I bet no one would argue.

Lets get rid of the extraneous excuses and build these darn cars.

Dave
Old 06-11-2008, 05:13 PM

YEA THATS IT They are paying a trucking company to load up about 1000 challengers and transport them 10 min down the road to a storage lot and unload them. AND THIS IS WHERE THEY ARE MOVING THEM TO. Then when they get shipping orders they load them all up and truck them two hours down the road and over the border into the US. Then drop them off at another Chrysler yard that will hold 6000 cars it is also where they load on trains and trucks for all cities.

Yea I guess its possible. Are you a plant engineer for Chrysler by any chance

namduB

ORIGINAL: 04RAMSRT10

Is it possible that we are over thinking this and we are simply in holding until transportation can be cooridinated. I am sure that the transport company wants to carry only full carries in any direction. Fuel is a big issue.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:36 PM

No I am a customer like you. I do deal with things that require shipping and with outside contractors and I am well aware of delays. This is even more frustrating because of the previous delays that held up full scale production. Then add the fact that these cars at this late date should become 09 models is another matter. The only silver lining is that it has been reported that no SRT or RT models will be built until late fall. If this is true we will be the only people with these hot rods for awhile. Anyway these will be great cars when we finally get them.
I just hope that this is transportation delay and not another repair issue.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:14 PM

the good thing about the delay is that they are fixing the prob and not sending out somthing that will burn up
Old 06-11-2008, 06:26 PM

OK Now for MR HYDE

They finished about 225 today and all of the 200 or so that were finished yesterday went to storage. I still dont know why but I am working on it. They have clammed up.
I was on the chat session today with the Chrysler Engineers on another forum and they refused to answer by questions about the delays and the Silver paint.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 AM

Well it looks like they are shipping out challengers now. A guy emailed me and said he had some pictures that I would like to see. I hope they are good ones.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 AM

Just my 2 cents worth but the shipping delays could be with the shipping company and not Chrysler. Could the recent tornado's and severe flooding in the mid west also be responsible for these delays. I live in Indiana and have tracks that run behind me. I have not seen a train for almost a week. We usually get about 2 a day. I do not know, I am just throwing out some other ideas for comment.
Bob