Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS???

Old 05-19-2008, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS???

Yoga, medatation, deep breathing? Nah, Medication...better living through chemistry I always say!

Since the concept rolled off two years ago I have waited, when they announced the 2008 production I waited (as the first year issues), and then when they announced the 2009 order taking, I jumped with both feet hot and heavy. I have wanted this car for two years and waiting another four months is nothing to the two years.

I dont think Chrysler is being dishonest or deceptive, I think they are trying to get as many of the '08's done so they can ship a large amount of them (may be all) so they can get on with the '09's. I for one, want my car right, not slapped together under pressure from potential owners bickering and hollering for Chrysler to step up production. This is a very special car to me and I will own this for the rest of my life, so as I said, I want it right. I want eveything to work, look good, and most of all be the perfect car I have been waiting two years for.

So, I say, take a chill, relax and let Chrylser get through these next few weeks and see what happens.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday, Bob Frederick posted on redletterdodge.com that, to date, no Challengers had been shipped, including the “auction cars”. They are spending extra time in final inspection to make certain they are first- quality. Brampton is working two shifts/day, six days/week. As soon as they are satisfied with the product, production will be ramped-up to full capacity. All 2008s will be built by the mid-July before the factory closes for vacation.

For 2009, Hemi Orange will be offered in the SRT8 models until mid-model year (no set number). If you want a Hemi-Orange, you should act soon!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Maybe not Dishonest or Deceptive, but it is very strange that some cars with later order dates and higher VINs are in a higher status than those who ordered earlier.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: birddog

Maybe not Dishonest or Deceptive, but it is very strange that some cars with later order dates and higher VINs are in a higher status than those who ordered earlier.

I'm not sure, but one possible reason is that it "could" be due to a parts backorder/delay for particular options on the lower numbered / earlier ordered cars.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:25 PM

The dealers will be getting at least one car each so it may be those that are being built first
Old 05-19-2008, 05:34 PM

That makes sense too.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

The dealers will be getting at least one car each so it may be those that are being built first
Unfortunately, this is not the correct explanation, as I am #1 at my dealer and still have not made it to D1. Last i checked mine was at D AGAIN but who knows, could be back to C status again by now...

Still, my dealer has none in D1 status as yet... [:@]
Old 05-19-2008, 06:11 PM

Mopar,

Same here, I'm am first at my dealership, it was ordered 9:46 am on my von sheet, been in D since March. I have never been anything but D since that time but have never progressed to D1 status. So lets play that game, how many Dodge dealerships in the US? I will guess and think I would be gracious 500-700. That theory would put us less than 700. A bunch apparently are already built 200-400, I'm still not in D1, so I don't have a clue. Other things to consider is earlier post which stated all 08's will be built by the break Mid-July. That would leave 7 weeks left for production that would leave dodge only needing to produce around 900 a week to include Canada"s & Mexico's 500 or so. With that being said they could be producing as little as 150 cars a day. Then on the other hand, they can produce 968 a day, so if they desired they could produce evrey dang one of them in the first week of JULY basically. BUt I think they would deliver all of the first ordered cars first. What we really don't know is how the Canadian challengers will come down the line, some of theirs, some of ours, who knows?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy
So lets play that game, how many Dodge dealerships in the US? I will guess and think I would be gracious 500-700.
70's Guy,

All my research puts total # of Chrysler dealerships at about 3500-4000. I was unable to get a breakdown of Dodge dealerships seperately, but I think a reasonable estimate would be 2500-3000. Kinda puts holes in your theory, but other than that I like it!! Cheers!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Mopar,

Wow! I would have never, never expected that many dealerships in the us. I guess I'm half retarded I missed it by a mile.

Quick Reply: WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS???