Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Where will you go after leaving the dealership

Old 03-04-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where will you go after leaving the dealership

Where will you go after leaving the dealership? 1) home? 2) relatives? 3)musclecar enthusiast?4) friends? 5) cruise around town? 6) work? 7) track?. Where will your challengers maiden voyage take you?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 PM

Default RE: Where will you go after leaving the dealership

Just gonna have to cruise around town before I head home. May have to take a day off to enjoy a real ride!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

I had planned to pick it up this Thursday but they were late putting in the new ECM tuner. I was so disappointed but they assured me that the tuner and larger throttle body would be finished by Friday afternoon. I asked them if they put on the new Cragar wheels would there be any delay and they said just about a hour. I said okay, let's make it happen. I got up Friday morning and while having breakfast all I think think about was driving the Challenger down the highway. As I got in my minivan, I could envision myself firing up that 6.4L engine and revving it up a couple of times as I pushed in that clutch.
I could feel the dual pressure plates engage as I released it and finally gave it the gas as I pulled away from the drive way very slowly. I was fearful in my neighborhood from what I read that those mufflers were bordering on illegal and I didn't want to wake up my Texas Trooper neighbor friend.

As I stopped at the stop sign, I looked in the mirror and I saw my self smile and I had that smirk that said, I am going to smoke those tire. As I turned left, I could see the wind blow the smoke down my street and it looked like a smoke grenade had been tossed in the street. I did a 180 and drove through the smoke and I got excited smelling the rubber as it brought back memories.

Then I realized, I was day dreaming as I looked up and saw the smoke coming up from my hood as my temperature gauge was pegged in the red. POOP!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:54 PM

Taking my wife and daughter to Dairy Queen That place is better than any drug out there!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:15 PM

I'ma fill it up to the top and just drive wherever my whims take me. I'ma be eatin' a sloppy Tommy burger an sippin' Coke. I'ma be wearin' a cool t-shirt and playing badass hard rock and rap on my stereo. I'll be playing songs like "bad to the bone" and "ridin' dirty." However I will stick to the nicer areas because I heard poor people get jealous and are liable to throw things at nice cars. I guess I'll probably go shopping and buy some cool video games, gadgets, magazine, and munchies. And I'll probably go for a really good pizza. And then maybe I'll sleep in the car on the first night. But actually the first day of driving it wasn't what I was thinking about.

After I get my Challenger, I'm going to blow off my business for a while (while still collecting passive income), and just take a month or 2 or 3 going on a long-ass road trip all across America. First I think I'll visit San Diego, Monterey Bay, and San Francisco in California. Then I'll head off east and probably see Las Vegas, etc. I want to go to some nice amusement parks cuz I love rollercoasters. Then I guess I will end up in the Northeast, and then I turn around and drive back and see some more places along the way. I also want to see a good air show too on my road trip. Oh and I like museums, aquariums, and steam trains too. I'll buy a really nice camera and video recorder and take pictures of everything. I haven't seen most of America yet, so this would be the perfect chance to see it all. And I'll take a lap top computer with me so I can have access to my stuff on the internet.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:30 AM

god i would love to be able to go straight from a dealer lot onto a long cruise along some hot deserted road like Route 66 but the reality is id be collecting the car from somewhere in England and most likely driving back through congestion, rain and more rain!
But ill still be smiling from ear to ear

Id definately plan a road trip with friends. [8D]
Old 03-05-2008, 03:02 AM

Well with my luck the first place I'll probably be headed is to traffic court... [sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-05-2008, 03:56 AM

i am sure some will be headed to the buyers remorse club
Old 03-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

I buy mine in VA, drive to the grave of my stepdad and remember good times we had at the NHRA spring nationals, talking cars and listening to the stories of when he was a tearing it up w/ his bad@$$ Mopars in late 60's early 70's. Then maybe hit some of the cruising spots he used to hit (Orange Virginia, Harrisonburg (have to check the anti -cruising laws there),Waynesboro. and Staunton) with my wife by my side and the kids at my mom's house.

Should be a memorable time.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:11 AM

im sure the old fella will be looking down from above with a big smile

Quick Reply: Where will you go after leaving the dealership