Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Where will you go after leaving the dealership

Old 03-05-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where will you go after leaving the dealership

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

I buy mine in VA, drive to the grave of my stepdad and remember good times we had at the NHRA spring nationals, talking cars and listening to the stories of when he was a tearing it up w/ his bad@$$ Mopars in late 60's early 70's. Then maybe hit some of the cruising spots he used to hit (Orange Virginia, Harrisonburg (have to check the anti -cruising laws there),Waynesboro. and Staunton) with my wife by my side and the kids at my mom's house.

Should be a memorable time.

Great sentiment Skippy...he'd be proud.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'll drive straight to the house and wash and wax her. Then drive around town and stop off at all my kin folks houses just to see whats what. Let my sons drive her and then off to let my brothers drive me around and share some old memories Then the long trip out to Kansas to see my folks and all I can say is watch out I-40
Old 03-05-2008, 03:30 PM

I will take the afternoon off, pickup my wife(more than likely she'll be with me), cruise around town a little. Of course, i"ll be testing the throttle response every chance to feel the power. Pick up my son after he exits work. stop by my parents. Cruise around town some more. 2nd evening I will go by my brothers and pick him up, leave there and pick up his brother in law and take him for a spin. ( he has lou gerig's disease, loves the challenger and requested a ride) I would like to take a summer vacation and cruise route 66, my wife prefers to cruise on ships- this would not be her preference, but I would really dig it. gas would cost me a fortune, coming from FLA. I'll definetly be working on it.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll cruise around the neighborhood and take my friends who are into performance cars for a ride. One has a 2006 Z06 Corvette and the other a 1968 SS 396 Camaro.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:01 PM

Honestly haven't thought about it until now. I've been concentrating on paying everything else off (aside from the mortgage) so I can put myself in a position to make it happen. Really, it's all coming together nicely, so.....
I guess I'd put my wife and the two boys still living with us in the car and head for a resort town not too far from here (Lake George, NY) where cars and motorcycles are greatly appreciated and just cruise, turn a few heads, have dinner, and then head back home (with a full belly and a HUGE smile on my face).
Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM

I going to go back to my house where there is a long straight road (1 1/2 miles long) and let that big hemi out until the tires burn off! Then I get some glasspaks and a new air intake.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Koopa and RRunner. I hesitated posting, as it could be a kind of a downer. But, I think you guys are both right, and I figure I'll be doing right by him. I believe he will be smiling! :-)

Old 03-06-2008, 08:10 PM

Taking the day off work, after smoking the tires and giving my friends at the dealer a long ride im taking her home, then when the girl gets outa work we are going to dinner an hour away with it.