Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

joani short 03-02-2008 06:42 AM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

I finally got it in at 5:10 a.m i started trying to get it in on dec 2 at 9 pm thinking we were going to be able to put them in at midnight...and stayed up all night to get it in , there were no options for the challenger until after 5 am then i was able to complete the order once the options came up....i have the 1st 04 durango sold and chrysler had sent people from stugart germany and did a photo shoot and did a articleon us..we put that order in early and hoping with the challenger with getting the order in first thing...i guess we are just going to have to wait and see.....i would love to have one of the first 100 good luck to us all

1971cuda convert 03-02-2008 07:40 AM

Im always amazed about all the information going on about these cars. So are all dodge dealers geting at least one car . And how does this affect the orders put in the first day . MY car has a VON and a C status and was the first one orderd from the dearlership I bought mine from . IM not sure when it was orderd I went in and they told me what they had orderd and I took it .

108Challenger 03-04-2008 07:03 AM

Dealer called me today, late april or first week of may ill have my car. I told them to have there digi cams ready as I plan on smoken them goodyears off. I already have a set of 20" foose retro wheels ready for her.

70sguy 03-04-2008 08:38 AM

I contacted my dealer today, and everything is still in C status. Like I said in a previous post , I think some will be shipped in April. At least, this is promising but remains to be seen. No telling what chrysler is up to behind closed doors. My dealer said he hasn't received any updates from chrysler what-so-ever.

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME, I HOPE I CAN LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO DRIVE IT HOME FROM THE DEALER. HOPEFULLY MY DEALER CAN GIVE ME A FIX REAL SOON.

RRUNNER 03-04-2008 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: 108Challenger

Dealer called me today, late april or first week of may ill have my car. I told them to have there digi cams ready as I plan on smoken them goodyears off. I already have a set of 20" foose retro wheels ready for her.
Does he know or is he guessing? With production beginning in April I would think that is a good guess, but I don't think he knows for sure. Still "C" status for me.

Tank 03-05-2008 07:29 PM

Ordered mine. Orange with all 3 options. Have VON #and "C" status. MSRP only in my dreams, but having talked to or emailing almost every dealer in the the Chicago area (Wisconsin and Indiana included), I did far better than what the other dealers were asking for. I keep telling myself you only live once in hopes it makes me feel better.........doesn't work. My wife telling me to go for it sure helped me make up my mind. Nothing better than have the support of one's better half.

koopa 03-06-2008 02:06 AM

im holding out till 09, partially to see if they launch the car with the manual and bigger engine and also to see what the car looks like in the other colours. Im still dying to see the car in white and in plum crazy.

Dealers over here are asking £45,000 (approx $90,000) for the first 08 cars, a couple of them have 2 or 3 cars coming over and all of them seem to be Hemi Orange!

JJMPB 03-06-2008 03:29 AM

it looks pretty good in red and i hate red

108Challenger 03-06-2008 09:53 AM

They are positive. Also they will have a 2 day window as to when the car will be there, if i have to im taking off work to view it coming off the truck. I know they wont, but do not want then to put even 1 mile on the car. I know allot of the guys at my dealer and all of them want to cruise it. Well 4 are comming and mine is not going to be the young guns test mule. I also cant wait! I sold almost all my fleet so i have room for it in the garage and $ to spend on lots of mods. I sold my Buick gn which i had almost from new with hardly any miles on it. I plan on keeping the miles low on the challenger and it, just as my Gn wont see water at all. This summer im also in the market for a 71 Cuda or a 70 ta challenger. The suspense is killing me i want my car.

koopa 03-07-2008 01:56 AM

hey 108,
quite right about making sure noone gets hold of your car before you do! I ve heard horror stories before of young guys taking new customer cars out on tea and lunch breaks to go to the shops while it is at the dealership. In some cases even writing cars off! I would be just as careful as you! What are the Foose wheels you have chosen? Any pics?