Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

Jeremiah 29:11 02-28-2008 03:48 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

I hope it is you, you just have to promise to post pictures of your Challenger.

70sguy 02-28-2008 04:15 PM

mopar2ya,

what time was your order entered? Just curious about the time everyone that has ordered an 08, their order was placed. I was at a dodge dealership at 7;30 am est, only to wait to 9:15, when the sales order person showed up late. The manager showed his displeasure and the two of them started cursing each other i right in front of me. About 10 minutes later the sales manager told me he could not order me a car. I left and called my wife and told her to start calling every dodge dealer in town. A few minutes later a dodge dealer called me and said he spoke with my wife and placed an order and if I could bring a deposit of a grand the car was mine. I was there within 20 minutes on the other side of town. he ordered it hemi orange with no options as my wife told him of my past owning a cuda & wanted it retro as possible. My order was placed at 9:46 est , hope it s a low number.The rest is history, but I do know a dodge dealership that I will not step a foot back in period.

mopar2ya 02-28-2008 05:28 PM

Well 70s guy... The actual order for the one I am making the purchase on was not in until Dec 6th due to my original dealer jerking me around on price. You know the type... the one you have been buying your cars from... the one you have been faithful to... the one you got to start the list 2years ago so you had the #1 spot locked... the one you negotiated with on pricing before they were sure they would be a hot commodity... the one that came back and said that they decided they were going to ask $20 grand over MSRP now... c'mon on in and order it... you know the type.

By the time I was able to get them to jack the price I had to go to back to my dealer list. The other dealer I was on the #1 spot (yes, I was #1 on 2 lists :) ) had not yet ordered one... and thier business model is "NO ADDITIONAL MARKUP" so they signed off on that and thus far have stuck to thier guns. I really don't expect that to change, they have played straight up the whole way.

So, my order is Dated December 6, 2007 14:45... guess this means I probably won't be first... huh?? [&o]

Ahhh... but if I'm fast and lucky... maybe I can post mine first... :D right behind you of course... ;) Cheers!!

RRUNNER 02-28-2008 05:58 PM

I didn't want to get caught up in the rush so I sat back and waited. After reading on the internet that over 9K had been sold by 1/6 I thought I had no chance but I decided I really wanted one. So off I went to the dealer I went, just to tell him if anyone decided they didn't want theirs I would like a shot at it. To my surprise they said they had just recieved an additional allocation and if I wanted it all they needed was 3K down. I accepted and was placed on "C" status that day. I should probably be towards the end of the line but as late as I ordered I'm just glad I'm getting one.

70sguy 02-28-2008 06:26 PM

Rrunner,
grats to u, I believe there are still some 08's out there. Believe me guys, it is going to be incredible. I will post no matter how late the 1st night I bring her home. My brother's brother-in-law has been diagnosed with lou gherigs disease this past year. My brother came by tonight and said his brother in law's favorite car is the challenger and reqested a ride. I will be very pleased to grant him that wish. It will be an awesome ride for sure. I will keep you guys informed of any updates or status changes.

joani short 03-01-2008 05:33 PM

does anyone know if the first produced challengers will go to the fisrt orders put in ...i put my order in within 2 minutes of the challenger coming up in the dealer system...i hope they give them out by vehicle order number.....i ordered the black with all the bells and whistles......
the only negitive thing i can say is, i wish the interior stayed the same as the concept pics... now the interior looks just like the charger......
i look everyday on my order and cant wait to get it.....gave my ex husband as a going away present the 72 cuda ..all i got to say is get out of my way honey lol ......good luck to all of us soon to be challenger owners......

70sguy 03-01-2008 06:05 PM

joani ,

what time was your order entered? est,cst,pst?

tupperware 03-01-2008 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: joani short

does anyone know if the first produced challengers will go to the fisrt orders put in ...i put my order in within 2 minutes of the challenger coming up in the dealer system...i hope they give them out by vehicle order number.....i ordered the black with all the bells and whistles......
the only negitive thing i can say is, i wish the interior stayed the same as the concept pics... now the interior looks just like the charger......
i look everyday on my order and cant wait to get it.....gave my ex husband as a going away present the 72 cuda ..all i got to say is get out of my way honey lol ......good luck to all of us soon to be challenger owners......
sorry to say they probably will not be built by order entry sequence...they will be batched by color with colors being built in alternating fashion.. not sure how many will be in each 'batch' ... each color will be built each day, but they will go down the line grouped by color.... this makes building them by order entry time almost impossible...

also, with 4300 orders the first day, there are many cars that were ordered at exactly the same time...

I talked to my dealer today, he tells me that the long "C" time is not a problem, once we move things go pretty fast....(still not fast enough for me!!!)

70sguy 03-02-2008 03:48 AM

I'm sure they will be batched by color, but still in order of the badge #'s. Which badge numbers should be in order per entry. I doubt badge #'s were asigned randomly. Hemi orange was about 2/3 's of the total ordered.

tupperware 03-02-2008 03:56 AM

I wonder if the auction winners for badge numbers ,2,and 3 get to choose their color???