Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Really wish everyone would just let up on this subject a bit. I sit here struggling and justifying a decision for or against the '08 vs. for or against the '09 vs. automatic vs. manual vs. true LSD vs. first model year vs. yadda, yadda, yadda... and just when I think my head is about to finally explode... somebody pipes up and gets me all thinking about other considerations and such. Ya'll are making this really tough... and my wife isn't really helping either with her "but honey, just get the one you really want" junk. WHAT'S A GUY TO DO?? Man life get's really tough in times like these...

Magic 8 ball anyone??
Old 05-25-2008, 07:16 PM

mopar2ya - I have enjoyed your posts and your last one is no less entertaining. I too dropped my '08 for an '09. My primary reason was the transmission, but as the car's technology matures, it became other things, some of which you listed. I presume the 2010 version will even have more, but I put a stake in the ground and will live with the 09 SRT. I would have liked Copper, but Hemi-Orange is a compromise color for not waiting.

The 08's are coming very soon now folks, hang in there. The enthusiasm will resume once you see these vehicles on the dealer lots (for a short time because they are all spoke for [ remember ] ) 8^) not!

I am routing for y'all. Hoping the car meets all your hopes and them some. See ya in an 09.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:50 AM

I cant wait for my 08. DID that kinda ryme? SOON! Garage is finished, i even put burber carpet down, new garage door and security sys and insulation and humidity control! Yes i spent allot of $ on my cars new home. Did i ever mention the car will never even see water. It will sit side by side with my 68 camaro and my 67 nova, and soon if everything goes as planed a plum crazy 70 ta.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:16 AM

Never gonna wash it?
ORIGINAL: 108Challenger

I cant wait for my 08. DID that kinda ryme? SOON! Garage is finished, i even put burber carpet down, new garage door and security sys and insulation and humidity control! Yes i spent allot of $ on my cars new home. Did i ever mention the car will never even see water. It will sit side by side with my 68 camaro and my 67 nova, and soon if everything goes as planed a plum crazy 70 ta.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

Never gonna wash it?
ORIGINAL: 108Challenger

I believe there are some pretty formidable waterless car washing products on the market these days... that will be the option for me...
Old 05-26-2008, 06:59 AM

ORIGINAL: 73Cuda340
I presume the 2010 version will even have more, but I put a stake in the ground and will live with the 09 SRT.
Dang! This was getting complicated enough... and now... there's the possibility of advantages in considering the 2010 model? Convertible?? 6.4 Hemi?? [sm=headbang.gif] Thanks for the help in adding that little bit of insight... [:@]

OH[sm=noooo.gif]...
Old 05-26-2008, 07:10 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: 73Cuda340
I presume the 2010 version will even have more, but I put a stake in the ground and will live with the 09 SRT.
Dang! This was getting complicated enough... and now... there's the possibility of advantages in considering the 2010 model? Convertible?? 6.4 Hemi?? [sm=headbang.gif] Thanks for the help in adding that little bit of insight... [:@]

OH[sm=noooo.gif]...

yep....i am waiting to actually see a convertible...6.4L is to me no biggie...it all depends on wether ford builds a gt350 with new 5.0L...if no gt350 then i will seriously look at the challenger convertible....ive learned to never buy a first years model....this situation with the challenger is no different..it was going to be a painful wait with missed deadlines and who knows about initial quality...the other factor is just think chrysler has had your payment or deposit making interest monies which you lost and still have no car...bummer
Old 05-26-2008, 07:45 AM

just mulling over what you guys and joani have said and the 09 options are what i really want. but currently i am an 08 waiter with a real low vin no. and finally hit d1 status. i am not gonna drop my order till i check out my car and then i am still gonna try to haggle em' down due to the fact i know they are not selling squat for cars and maybe leave em' hangin for a day or 2 while i test it. if i get a low badge to match my low vin i will buy her but if im stuck with tag 5000 or something like that that is going to be irrelevant to the value i don't think i will have much trouble taking an 09 instead.
ken
Old 05-26-2008, 04:52 PM

Hey guys. I haven't posted in a while, thought I'd drop in. Just to refresh your memery my dealer kind of swapped von #'s with me around mid March and posted the car on E-bay as soon as he got a vin #. Well, I took my down payment and bought a dragster. It's a Mullis econo rail slip joint with a 235" wheel base. I've put a chevy 400 in it with roughly 725 HP.

I really wanted to get the Challenger I ordered, but Dodge Customer Service would only stand behind the dealer and give them the benifit of the doubt. So, I guess I felt forced to put my deposit else were.............

Thank's for all the info in the past guys and hang in there. I'm sure Dodge will not have to paint all of your sun bleached cars over again before you get them.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:58 PM

woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! as of 5/23/08 my challenger is being built. On the tracker is currently says it is in framing and i am hoping tomorrow it will move on to paint!

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?