Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ORIGINAL: 70cuda

RRUNNER

I read somewhere that the owners of #1 and #2 wanted there colors to be Black. Anybody else hear that??

Mine was origanaly orange but I changed it the day after I went to C to black , my dealer has been great.... The dealership is three people the owner the mechanic and Pam how does everything else , she is awsome...Iam soooo looking forward to this car!!

This car is claimed to "Being built" delivery end of april do you think advertising bs and there in D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...spagenameZWDVW
Old 04-10-2008, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

How many with a challenger on order has checked on insurance? I bet none, including me, I'm affraid to. For those to young too remember, that sure slowed the sales of the muscle cars in the in '60's and '70's. Those brave people who find out let the rest of us know.
I checked, but it's like everything I check about the Challenger, no one knows anything about the car. My insurance person said an SRT8 Charger would be $680 a year, but I'm not sure that tells me anything. I think we'll just have to look around. If anyone get's what they feel are good rates they should pass along the insurance companies name so everyone in the forum can check them out.
I am sure that the Challenger R/T and SRT will command a higher insurance premium. First, because they are more expensive cars and secondly because they are in the high performance category.

The premiums, however, will vary by insurance company and will be based on the following variables: age, marital status, driving record, pleasure or work use, location, multiple insured cars, etc.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM

How many with a challenger on order has checked on insurance?
I called USAA today and after a long discussion, as the car is not yet in there database, the best ball figure we could come up with is $2100 a year. But 1 big thing to remember is I live in Italy and when I moved over here all my insurance rates doubled.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:14 AM

I called my State Farm agent today, he said the CHALLENGER would cost me $876 a year for full coverage. I ask him how come my CUDA (insured for $90000) was cheaper, he said because it was over 25 years old. Doesn't make sence.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 PM

I'm with GEICO and have been for 25 years or so. They just quoted from their system, $505.90 for 6 months full coverage, including 7 year 100,000 mile mechanical (full warrenty even items not covered by the OEM), rental car, towing service, full glass coverage and lost or locked key entry.

Not bad at all.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

How many with a challenger on order has checked on insurance? I bet none, including me, I'm affraid to. For those to young too remember, that sure slowed the sales of the muscle cars in the in '60's and '70's. Those brave people who find out let the rest of us know.
I checked, but it's like everything I check about the Challenger, no one knows anything about the car. My insurance person said an SRT8 Charger would be $680 a year, but I'm not sure that tells me anything. I think we'll just have to look around. If anyone get's what they feel are good rates they should pass along the insurance companies name so everyone in the forum can check them out.
I am sure that the Challenger R/T and SRT will command a higher insurance premium. First, because they are more expensive cars and secondly because they are in the high performance category.

The premiums, however, will vary by insurance company and will be based on the following variables: age, marital status, driving record, pleasure or work use, location, multiple insured cars, etc.
I don't know about that, the SRT8 Charger I looked at was right at $42K if I remember correctly. Premiums should be comparable, don't you think?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:02 PM

i know in the past a new model is higher due to replacement parts availability. I use Geico as well but haven't checked yet. Scared to, I do have 2 speeding tickets in the last year so it might hurt a bit.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:19 PM

I just got a phone call from my dealer. He said a memo just came down from corporate stating the 2008 Challenger would not be delivered to the dealerships until early Aug 2008. They would then begin receiving the 2009 models within 60 days.

That's what he told me.[]
Old 04-10-2008, 02:21 PM

Different subject, If Dodge is indeed producing the black ones first, which it does look like.They obviously aren't going by vin#'s, then they will be badged by color and not order entry. What a rip-off for those who followed the challenger and were knocking on Dodge Dealership doors On 12/3/07, before they opened. I called my dealer today and he advised no change still in D. They can't place a badge number 101 based on order date but was built 300th in line. So the moral or the story was think & order black. I think I've read that somewhere before.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:00 PM

Hi All .. I'm new here .. I too have an 08 Challenger on order .. as of yesterday still "C" status ... no vin yet... and mine is Black .. I'm posting only to give the tiny bit of info I heard Yesterday ... From an insider ... so far only about 20 cars have been built, and that the process got delayed by a last min need for 800 special Chargers (my guess fleet or police).. I do have a high degree of confidance in my insider.. but who knows ..

06 Charger RT
73 Charger Rallye
74 Dart
89 Chrysler TC
05 PT Convert
66 GTO
some day an 08 SRT Challenger

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?