Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Joani,

What's the latest on your car, or you out driving it yet?????????????
Old 05-05-2008, 08:36 PM

70 cuda
well i have been told by the mgr of the rail yard i will get my car tomorrow---on Chrysler's system it says to be delivered on 5-7-08
i hope its it happens tomorrow --i have a meeting on wednsday out of town...i sure want to drive it home --well see below is a copy of chry vin vision---
i know some people who have just came on this post think we are full of _____ all i know is the information i am getting direct from chrysler...i am going to check the other vins for you guys tonight ..the system has been down for 4 days its is now working ...if you look towards the bottom it shows all steps including when it got loaded to unloaded and when it was going to arrive at the rail yard --as these events happen they go away...the last step is the delivery to my dealer..oooooh yah ..i will post the info on the challengers that i can pull up good luck to you all --wish me luck take care Joani

Vehicle Shipment Status and History
Creation Date: 05-06-2008 12:24 AM EDT

* Vehicle Status
* Vehicle Movement

Vehicle Status and Information
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2B3LJ74W88H289137
Order Number (VON): 21123126
Sold Order: Yes
Vehicle Status
Current Location: N/A
Bay Information:
Build Code: Gateline Schedule, 04/04/2008
Dealer Delivery ETA:
*ETA is an estimated date for delivery, not a promise or guarantee. Actual delivery may vary.
Vehicle Distribution Information
Origin Assembly Plant: Brampton Assembly, ON
Origin Shipping Location: Windsor Assembly, ON
Distribution Center: Mira Loma, CA
Vehicle Description
Year: 2008
Make: Dodge
Model: CHALLENGER SRT8
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Dealer Information
Dealer Code: 43582
Address: Moss Bros Dodge
1100 South E Street
San Bernardino, CA 924081900
Vehicle Movement Information
Route Movements Event Date Location
Current
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 04/04/2008 06:35 AM CDT Brampton Assembly, ON
Future
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 05/07/2008 05:00 AM CDT Moss Bros Dodge
San Bernardino, CA
Old 05-05-2008, 08:50 PM

blacksrt8 yours show it will be at the dealer (lithia) on 5-15-08
rtfromnc shows it has went threw every step and will be at cox on 5-07-08----i would call your dealer tomorrow afternoon.. hopefully what i was told about all of them rolling out on the same day is true --it may be there tomorrow --they will need to pdi it and clean it before they can get it to you...good luck
i checked the rest nothing is coming up yet.....
Old 05-06-2008, 04:16 AM

ORIGINAL: dcxfan

70 cuda
well i have been told by the mgr of the rail yard i will get my car tomorrow---on Chrysler's system it says to be delivered on 5-7-08
i hope its it happens tomorrow --i have a meeting on wednsday out of town...i sure want to drive it home --well see below is a copy of chry vin vision---
i know some people who have just came on this post think we are full of _____ all i know is the information i am getting direct from chrysler...i am going to check the other vins for you guys tonight ..the system has been down for 4 days its is now working ...if you look towards the bottom it shows all steps including when it got loaded to unloaded and when it was going to arrive at the rail yard --as these events happen they go away...the last step is the delivery to my dealer..oooooh yah ..i will post the info on the challengers that i can pull up good luck to you all --wish me luck take care Joani
Joani, I'd be more than happy to pick it up for you and deliver it to where ever you would like if you are out of town when it is delivered.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 AM

ORIGINAL: birddog
Joani, I'd be more than happy to pick it up for you and deliver it to where ever you would like if you are out of town when it is delivered.
Such a kind, generous, unselfish offer... guess it's nice to hear that a fellow CF member would be willing to go through such pains for another CF member. Guess it's more than kind considering all the work and trouble Joani has gone through to help out with researching status of Challenger orders. Way to step up birddog...
Old 05-06-2008, 05:07 AM

My dealer projects mid june for my car, but was able to preorder the performance parts. I also have it set up so if im at work when it comes in they have a digi cam and vid cam to file its journey from the truck off through detail and to me or whoever i have pick it up. I plan on keeping many documents on my car.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 AM

uh oh, my car showed up on the order tracker early this morning, now it doesnt show up... last time this happened it slipped from D1 back to D status.. I'll have to check it after work this evening...anybody else in the D1 club notice this today???
Old 05-06-2008, 05:58 AM

Did my order and am expecting delivery late May or early June, no order # or VIN yet as the car is not yet in the system for ordering, they (Dodge Dealers) are not moving on price and if anyone gets MSRP they should grab it as even VIP's don't get a deal.
If you guys with orders get more info keep us in the loop, mine is 2008 special edition Black with all available options and someone offered me $75k for it but I will not sell it will keep it for my sons so maybe they can be on Barret Jackson one day.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:51 AM

Dodge order tracking site shows I'm in paint (F status). I called the 800# and confirmed it and have a ship date of 5/7. We'll see!!?!!
It sure seems like more of you out there should be seeing movement in your cars. I know there are some of you that have lower Vin#'s than me.
Mike
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM

It may be true!!!

DCXFAN said "rtfromnc shows it has went threw every step and will be at cox on 5-07-08----i would call your dealer tomorrow afternoon"

I called 800 number and they said it was released from the factory April 28th!

It will be a sleepless night!

Wish me luck!

RTFROMNC

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?