Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Hey... just wondering if Joani, tupperware or anyone else in D1 status has any updated news to report on thier new Challengers...
Old 05-05-2008, 08:55 AM

GPMAN and all the rest of you members that just don't get it! Thats just the POINT ..."THEY" meaning the factory thru thier DEALERS ARE CONTROLLING the consumers by keeping the lid on all info so tight and by only building so many cars the first year , and in 2009 you can only get a HEMI ORANGE challenger in a R/T mode,not in a SRT8l, ( neat trick in my opinon), and by the false statement at announcement back in march that only with real customers names and addresses could a dealer order a challenger which they've ordered plenty for stock sales themselves, and now all the delays and miss-information and auctions of Challengers on E-bay and such. All this is NOT!!! I repeat NOT!!! true law of supply a demand as you think but the Factory and its dealers in collusion to control the supply thereby upping or fixing a price higher than what they know they can really sell the car for and still make a profit! Just watch what happens when GM brings the Camaro back ....I'll bet that they will make as many as they can sell and they will sell plenty. In any case I still want to buy a Challenger cause I'm a LOYAL MOPAR MAN .....that's the brand name only please! Fat Cat
ORIGINAL: GPMAN

I just do not get these attacks on capitalism. How else do we decide who gets the cars? Should it be the folks who want them the most? Should it be those least able to pay? When you go to work tomorrow, are you not trying to get as much as the market will bear? Just like the critics of the oil company profits. When oil was ten dollars a barrel and they were losing more than most countries GNP, nobody pitched in to help them.
The only fair way, like it or not, is the free market and just because I was too busy to camp out on some dealers doorstep on December third, I should not be precluded from owning this dream car.
Burnouts truly,

GPMAN
Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Fatcat, you're contradicting yourself.

All this is NOT!!! I repeat NOT!!! true law of supply a demand as you think but the Factory and its dealers in collusion to control the supply thereby upping or fixing a price higher than what they know they can really sell the car for and still make a profit! Just watch what happens when GM brings the Camaro back ....I'll bet that they will make as many as they can sell and they will sell plenty.
It is supply and demand. Chrysler owns a "monopoly", if you will, on Challengers, but they compete in a space that is anything but monopolistic. For us bleed Hemi Orange Mopar fans, they are the only game in town so it may feel like their manipulating it unfairly to some (not me), but for the rest of automotive purchasers in the market place, Dodge Challengers are simply another commodity that is available and price, value and demand will dictate availability.

DeBeers is a true Monopoly, because they own all means of production and supply of diamonds. They do not compete in a free market.

But again by your statement that when Chevy starts selling the Camaro, Dodge will make as many as they can and sell many, that is stating there is a free market and Chrysler will have to make adjustments to sell to that free market.

I have no more insight to this than do you, so I cannot just state as fact that you're wrong in your opinion, but I think it's reasonably evident and certainly within the realm of possibility, that they are moving slowly in the production of brand new vehicle that could very well contribute to their survival or demise of the company with all the trepidation commensurate with such an important vehicle launch.

They need to produce a quality product, and they can't rush that. If you're trying to manage expectation, you're not going to offer 100,000 units on the first run only to find out there was a flaw in some component and now you have a 100000 unit recall, right?

I would imagine, they are QC'ing the everloving heck out of this puppy, and that will slow it. I believe you're right, when the Camaro comes on line, they will have their production process humming along and will have identified and addressed any problems that will allow them to churn them out.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: fatcat
All this is NOT!!! I repeat NOT!!! true law of supply a demand as you think but the Factory and its dealers in collusion to control the supply
How do you think Dodge came up with the unusual number of 6400 as the limit of '08 production? Based on your argument I guess you think that it was some marketing guy who determined that was the optimal number to keep the price up. I believe it was a production guy who came up with the number by looking at a calendar and determining how many they could build before they'd have to retool for '09s. People have been waiting for these '08s since December and if Dodge could've gotten them into the hands of owners sooner I believe they would have done so. After all, getting cars into the hands of buyers is how they make money.

You think they should make more '08s? When are they going to make them? This Fall? Well, good news! They will be making SRT8s this fall just as fast as they can. They'll just be called '09s. OK, so they won't be available in Hemi Orange. I'm sorry about that, but a lot of people here wanted Sublime or Plum Crazy '08s and they didn't get thier wish, either. They've complained plenty and I understand thier complaints. But they haven't labelled Dodge as anti-capitalist for it!

ORIGINAL: fatcat
when GM brings the Camaro back ....I'll bet that they will make as many as they can sell and they will sell plenty.
I agree with you there, I just don't see a conspiracy based on that piece of evidence.

ORIGINAL: DSkippy
I think it's reasonably evident and certainly within the realm of possibility, that they are moving slowly in the production of brand new vehicle that could very well contribute to their survival or demise of the company with all the trepidation commensurate with such an important vehicle launch.
What HE said.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM

Checked the 800# this morning and my car is now in E status (after D1).
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeSRT8

Wooo Hooo... E is framing! Looks like yours is headed down the line Mike. Should be no time for you to get yours now. Congrats!!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM

What is framing?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:32 PM

.............................MIKE SRT8.............................................. .........................................
ROCK---ON BUDDY ----HOPE YOU SEE IT SOON
---------------TRIED THE 800# THIS AFTERNOON WAS TOLD THEY HAD COMPUTER PROBLEMS -------------------------
-----------------------------------ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY GOOD NEWS --------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------BOB--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-05-2008, 02:40 PM

Hey Mike, is that info showing up on the Dodge tracking site???
ORIGINAL: MikeSRT8

Old 05-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Tupperware,
Yes it does show on the dodge tracking site, but it dosn't say its in E status, it says its in framing. The 800# told me it is in E status (that was after I had the guy in India transfer me to USA. The guy in India had no info.)
I'm just happy its moving!!!

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?