Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-03-2008, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

This car has me scared for my life (my wife says she going to shot me if I don't quite talking and worrying about it). You people at DODGE help!!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 06:40 AM

Hey, halsflying, have you gotten any updated info on the arrival of your Challenger? I know you had heard earlier that it would be in Cullman on 5/4, but I never believed that. Nothing happens in Cullman on a Sunday!

I had hoped to be a fly on the wall when yours arrived so I could see one in person! I'll bring a camera and take your picture receiving delivery, if you want. I could be the first official "Challenger Stalker!"

Old 05-03-2008, 07:51 AM

I think im the only one that does not have there vin. And my car is payed for.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:03 AM

Ordered my Black '08 on 12/5
All options
Currently in C status
Old 05-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Hey Whiteheat
Your guess is as good as mine. He said he would call when it come in. He said he wanted me to pick it up the day it come in. He doesent want to tell everybody it sold and they cant have it. Cullman about 135 miles from me, thats going to be a long drive getting there. I guess nobody really knows and still mybe a couple of weeks.
Hal
Old 05-03-2008, 01:14 PM

O.K. GUYS SIGN ME UP FOR THE 12 STEP PROGRAM ,OLD LADY KICKED ME OUT OF THE HOUSE TO GO TO WHEELING W.V. TO GAMBLE, LEFT THURSDAY NITE JUST GOT HOME ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND HERE I AM . LOST MY ASS BUT WHO CARES. FIRST STEP OF THE 12 STEP PROGRAM SHOULD BE
HEY CHRYSLER JUST BUILD THE DAMN THINGS AND SHIP THEM TO YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!
I THOUGHT THAT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL BETTER BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO
BOB
Old 05-03-2008, 08:15 PM

You know, all of this excitement and disapointment is exactly why Dodge doesn't give out a lot of details on production and delivery dates. I mean they are doing pretty good at getting theses things out within the general terms of the timeline that they targeted in the original announcement. My Challenger is one of an "allotment" (4 of 7) and the dealer doesn't assign individual cars until they have them in hand. Originally I envied those with order numbers and eventually VINs, but now I am glad that I don't have to track the number every hour on the hour and worry and get upset when anything doesn't go just like I planned. A one week delay to get body panels right sounds like a good thing. I will wait a few weeks and enjoy.
What I don't like is the folks who get a pretty good deal at their dealer and sell their car on Greed-bay ( I just heard the term today and I think it fits) even befoer they have it. They get a dealer to sell at only 3k over MSRP and the want 10 to 15k more on Ebay. One such greedy sucker tried to close tonight but had his reserve over the highest bidder at about 52k. Too bad for him, didn't make the sale. These cars should go to good folks who just want a cool car. Although I have to admit I agreed to pay well over MSRP.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:00 PM

The American way ... let me try to defend it.... based upon some of the postings here.. greed is defined as charging extra for something... to keep this short I'll just use Coke as an example... get it on sale.. maybe $.22 per can, even less sometimes, at a motel same can $1.00... go to a sporting event (Bears game Chicago) $3.75... no one is forced to pay $1.00 let alone $3.75, yet lots and lots of people do. The drinks are being sold where they are convenient adding value .

The dealers in the Chicagoland area have had a fairly tough time, profits are down... my friend just bought a brand new 08 Dodge 1500 Pick up.. and got $10,000 off of MSRP...($25,000.00 down to $15,000.00) I think we can all applaud him for skillful purchasing.

I'm paying $5,000 over MSRP to buy an 08 SRT Challenger... because that was the best deal I could get, when I decided, a little late, to join the party. And, this might make some mad .. but if when my car arrives, the dealer says... I'll give you $10,000 cash to give up this car and order an 09 at invoice... I'll jump at it.

Will this happen? I doubt it, but if it was $5,000 and a 09 at Employee pricing? ...
So bottom line, greed? or making what they (you) can when you can ... it is the American way.

Ok sorry I want to go one more example… Sears.. good company .. hire them to install roofing, and what you get is Sears hiring a local guy, paying him about 50 cents on a dollar of what you are paying them…. Don’t get mad at Sears… that is how everything is done… The mechanic at the Dodge Garage, The video games we enjoy, even the music we listen to has many hands in the cookie jar.

It’s ok, I paid over MSRP of my own free will , I didn’t want to, I’d have liked $10,000 below MSRP, but conditions were such that it was required for my entry to this game.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:28 AM

Well said mpbg43. Congrats to all who have a 2008 coming. Do to economic [price]reasons and lack of model choices, I am waiting for 2010 and hope that they are offering what I want at a price that I an willing to pay.
Bob
Old 05-04-2008, 06:52 AM

Sorry mpbg43, I totally disagree with you and for only one reason. Yes I'm an American too, and proud to be one and agree that this is in most cases the American way to buy and sell things. But capitalistic greed is in my opinion NOT GOOD FOR AMERICA and in the long term just may be our downfall!! Now for the reason in this particular area I disagree.....this trumped up thing about supply and demand is a total lie put out there buy Dodge and its children dealers! The supply and all connected info is being very carefully guarded and held back to CREATE the supply or lack of in order to do only one thing and thats to drive the price as high as they can. No 1, if Dodge wants to make lots of money then all they need do is build lots of these Challengers and sell them at MSRP and I honestly feel that they could sell as many as Ford does the Mustangs. Dodge has got a real hit on thier hands and should capitalize on that instead of what they've been doing. As for the Dealers having a rough time well thats too bad as they should run thier businees like a home and when times get rough then cut your costs or tighten thier belts just like I and a lot of other Americans do when our personal wages get short or cut. Believe me I know the car business well and even when they discount those other cars they are not giving them away because there is ALWAYS a built in profit called HOLD BACK , plus they make money on "PACS" and Financing so they do alright. I just feel that Dodge Corp is trying to help them make up some for some rough times profit wise with this challenger, and worst of all in these times with the economy going sour and gas prices going thru the roof I think Chrysler Corp and Dodge just may be shooting themselves in the foot.
I'd like to know if you think its AMERICAN WAY for the oil companies to take advantage of the greedy ARAB Emerites oil prices and still make BILLIONS of dollars of profits on our backs. BELIVE ME THAT IS THE PURIST FORM OF GREED THERE IS. FAT CAT
ORIGINAL: mpbg43

The American way ... let me try to defend it.... based upon some of the postings here.. greed is defined as charging extra for something... to keep this short I'll just use Coke as an example... get it on sale.. maybe $.22 per can, even less sometimes, at a motel same can $1.00... go to a sporting event (Bears game Chicago) $3.75... no one is forced to pay $1.00 let alone $3.75, yet lots and lots of people do. The drinks are being sold where they are convenient adding value .

The dealers in the Chicagoland area have had a fairly tough time, profits are down... my friend just bought a brand new 08 Dodge 1500 Pick up.. and got $10,000 off of MSRP...($25,000.00 down to $15,000.00) I think we can all applaud him for skillful purchasing.

I'm paying $5,000 over MSRP to buy an 08 SRT Challenger... because that was the best deal I could get, when I decided, a little late, to join the party. And, this might make some mad .. but if when my car arrives, the dealer says... I'll give you $10,000 cash to give up this car and order an 09 at invoice... I'll jump at it.

Will this happen? I doubt it, but if it was $5,000 and a 09 at Employee pricing? ...
So bottom line, greed? or making what they (you) can when you can ... it is the American way.

Ok sorry I want to go one more example… Sears.. good company .. hire them to install roofing, and what you get is Sears hiring a local guy, paying him about 50 cents on a dollar of what you are paying them…. Don’t get mad at Sears… that is how everything is done… The mechanic at the Dodge Garage, The video games we enjoy, even the music we listen to has many hands in the cookie jar.

It’s ok, I paid over MSRP of my own free will , I didn’t want to, I’d have liked $10,000 below MSRP, but conditions were such that it was required for my entry to this game.

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?