Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-08-2008, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

you think maybe they will sell the one that crashed on road america cheap?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:09 AM

Hi Guys,

New guy to signup. I've been watching for a while now and decided to join the rest of you. I've been following the car since 2005 when they started to talk about it. I've been through a lot of what you guys have been going through, but have found a dealership that has been excellent. I will make a final ruling once my car is sitting at home.

Mine is in "D" status, ordered early December. Maybe, they will let us know a lot more once the race is over this weekend. I think that they are waiting for the introduction at the race. It was at one of the races where they announced that Chrysler was actually going to build the car. I think that a lot of them are built already and once the race is over, they will surprise us all. Call it wishful thinking, but it's been a long 3 years waiting for this car.

Anybody have an idea as to the amount produced (6400)? I'm thinking that it's the redline of the car.

I really liked one of the member's email saying that this is an addiction that can't be stopped. Constantly checking on different sites as to any status updates, etc. If there's a Challenger Anonymous out there please let me know. Speaking of which, I have a question. I'm getting mixed information as to the push-button start. I'm hearing that the cars will come with it. I check Bob's order online and it's listed as being included. Does anyone know for sure?

Rick

Old 05-08-2008, 07:29 AM

I just talked to my rep and he is very little help[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

He says that he heard something about a minor delay but wasn't sure ? My hope of picking the car up in person is pretty much gone as he says he can't get approval from anybody to do that and everybody is being very tight-lipped about the Challenger.

He says the will be several Challenegers at the Challeneger 500 from what he is hearing.

Basically the factory sales guys know nothing, I have recieved better help from my Chrysler Financial guy and my friend that makes the Challenger accessories.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:04 AM

Paladin,

Yes you did, but I think there are two separate delays, but could be one extended version also. One thing we do know, spring is all but gone and summer is upon us. I do feel we are getting closer, but will it be an 08 anymore? Just think of the depreciation value, the car will be over a year old when we receive it.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 AM

70's guy
i'm starting to think like you i was going to do the hr power tour with mine but if its not here by then i'm gonna sell my spot in line and get a manual trns and a suregrip
Old 05-08-2008, 01:01 PM

Hey guys/gals,
New here today, guess you could say I have 8 dogs in this fight.
I'm one of the guys getting all the calls asking "where the heck is my Challenger"
My 2 8H290xxx vin cars have been in D status since 3/27/08.
My 4 8H301xxx vin cars just went to D yesterday morning.
Yes, I check them every day, sometimes twice.
I have 2 8H302xxx vins that remain in C and were ordered in January.
I sold all the cars in the month of March, but I did tell customers late May to early June for delivery just to be on the safe side.
The tracking sofware was placed on Dodge.com so customers could track their own vehicle, a first in the industry.
We've all been waiting a long time.
If, in fact, one of the delays is due to loading/unloading clearance problems, the Caliber SRT4 had the same issue and was quickly
corrected by placing bright red plastic spacers at the top of the struts and then removed during PDI at the Dealership. So that
problem shouldn't delay the cars much if at all, they already know how to fix it.
Just waiting on D1 like most.
Take care,
Howard
Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM

When will the first person here get their car? I thought it would be Tuesdady. Then Wednsday. Now it's Thursday and still no car. I am bloody sick of all this waiting and I didn't even order one. This is kinda bothering me. I wish someone would bloody get theirs so I don't have to wait anymore to hear about it and see some personal photos.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:01 PM

Production just started today.

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

When will the first person here get their car? I thought it would be Tuesdady. Then Wednsday. Now it's Thursday and still no car. I am bloody sick of all this waiting and I didn't even order one. This is kinda bothering me. I wish someone would bloody get theirs so I don't have to wait anymore to hear about it and see some personal photos.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:10 PM

Howard

Thanks for sharing that news with us. Every little bit helps us keep our minds sane. I think we all need to chill out and wait for offical word from Dodge so we won't go crazy. Everybody hang in there it will all be over soon, some will get good news( I hope I'm one) and other's will get bad news. GOOD LUCK!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:13 PM

Yes I just read production on the 08's started today. Allpar say's the framing prob has been fixed. Thank goodness!!

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?