Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

mopar4me2,

Bob owns a dodge dealership, Joani works for dodge even though she does has a low vin#, tupperware is a writer I do believe, he also has a higher vin# , Pfiefer works for dodge. These are just some things I have observed. Don't know if it means anything but I bet it does, which makes sense. It's the American way, the way all things are done.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 PM

Waiting will always suck, but I dont think I want to bet on the 09's at this moment. We may not see those until 2010!

I would hate to be driving anything else, and see a Silver Challenger in my town, and think it could have been mine. My order was placed on the 3rd of Dec. I still got stuck with a 300590 vin, still stuck in C and all the service line can tell me is contact my Dealer. That was Madina Auto Mall MANY miles away, and it takes 3 calls to get the same, "dont know nuthin', hurry up and wait" answer. I'm starting to wonder how many 09 Camaro's will be out before I see my 2008 Challenger.

The crazy thing? If they get enough people mad they may have a few of these in stock to move next to the 09's
Old 05-07-2008, 07:22 PM

Please folks, chill, chill, chill. Dodge made no promises, no committments. You created the crisis. They are coming. Your expectations are highly overblown. I want a good product annd I am ready to wait a week or so.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 PM

[sm=rant.gif] This pretty much explains how I feel about it most of the time .I wouldnt be unhappy if dodge would just come out give us a nice update once a week . I started building another car to help take my mind off it .The 12 step program isnt helping me I think I need more steps maybe. [sm=laughat.gif] And this is what im geting from my GM employes it just never stops .
Old 05-08-2008, 04:48 AM

If wanting some kind of information from Chrysler on the status of them making our cars is what you consider highly overblown expectations, then I guess you are correct.

ORIGINAL: Colorancher

Please folks, chill, chill, chill. Dodge made no promises, no committments. You created the crisis. They are coming. Your expectations are highly overblown. I want a good product annd I am ready to wait a week or so.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

mopar4me2,

Bob owns a dodge dealership, Joani works for dodge even though she does has a low vin#, tupperware is a writer I do believe, he also has a higher vin# , Pfiefer works for dodge. These are just some things I have observed. Don't know if it means anything but I bet it does, which makes sense. It's the American way, the way all things are done.

You make it sound as if we are getting ours first ? I wish that were true but Chrysler seems to be ignoring whatever advantage I/we may have in some instances. For example I was on the Dealer Finance counsel for the Great Lakes Business center. I personally assisted Chrysler in developing the S-tier program for financing a full credit spectrum of customers, as well as having numerous job offers from Chrysler. So you might say I know people VERY high up, and it has done me NO good !!! Believe me I have tried to pull every string possible to get my car...

The only thing I maybe have been able to get done is I have a special request in to pick my car up in person but we're not even sure if that will hapen yet ?

I have been gone for 2 days so I have a lot of catching up to do but I have a call in to my rep this morning to find out what the hell is going on so I will keep you guys posted ASAP !!!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:59 AM

ORIGINAL: npeifer

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

mopar4me2,

You make it sound as if we are getting ours first ?
I thought maybe he was implying that you all were "plants" from Dodge, sent to feed us misinformation! It's no crazier sounding than many of the other rants and conspiracy theories I've read here!

The only conspiracy theory I'm willing to invest in is this one: Dodge has pre-sold a few Challengers at auction for big charity bucks. The allure for the bidders wasn't just a new car but the first, second or historical 43rd car off the line. Those cars were promised for delivery in conjunction with the NASCAR Dodge Challenger 500, which just happens to be this weekend. It might make the generous bidders feel a little less special, a little less like they got the exclusive purchase they thought they were bidding for if they started seeing ordinary Joes driving Challengers before they got theirs. Maybe Dodge is intentionally holding up delivery so that the people who paid dearly to get the FIRST Challengers would really get them first.

If the Challenger floodgates open next week, that may indicate that this conspiracy theory has merit. Or, it might just be coincidence. Either way, if people start getting their cars they will probably be too happy to care about the reason for the delays.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 AM

Heard through the grapevine that there may be a small production delay of 2-4 weeks to implement minor production changes but production cars should be coming off the line end of may early june any cars out now are most likley pre production test vehicles.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:38 AM

I have confrimed the same. Hopefully Dodge will throw in the Boston Acoustics or factory headers for the wait.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 AM

I heard/wrote about a delay several weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?