Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-02-2008, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

all you guys and gals I posted weeks earlier about a call to dodge that said my car was built on 3/28/08. i CALLED THIS MORNING AGAIN SPOKE WITH A GAL THAT DID NOT SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL, SHE SAID MY CAR SHIPPED ON 3/28/08 AND SHOULD BE AT DEALER END OF THE MONTH. Again as I asked weeks ago what was my status she said D again I said its not built, she argued with me. She is looking at the same thing DCX, Joani, & Tupperware have been looking at. It is old news, I was hoping different with all of the tracking be posted, but in the end it was all old data. I've been in D since 3/27/08, and have not changed period, never went to D1 or back to C, just D. I do feel better now that Tupperware is back to D1, it does mean things are moving again. There may be acouple of cars delivered by end of next week but that is only to get the first 43 out for the CHALLENGER 500. They had to build those cars to save face. Dodge had intended to have them sooner but the biody panel alignment issues kind of screwed that up. Enough said, it appears they have solved their problem and things are moving again. GREAT! I would rather have a recall free car for the $42K I will be laying down. I will cross my fingers.
To tell you the truth it is kind of sickening the obsession I have to obtain as much info about this car and it's delivery, I believe I'm forming some kind of an addiction,. it is sad.
What is even sadder is that it will be towards the end of the month before I see my challenger. Worst than that, other won't see their challengers until June, July and August. Others may not appreciate the challenger as much as I do, I loved my CUDA, plymouth's version of challenger. I cannot wait to much longer
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 PM

I am with you, status D, never changed, I was also told the car was built.Then I asked by e-mail and have been told 3 times, it is in transit. Bull!!! I agree about the addiction problem.The only thing worse would be if it was a woman, it would cost way more than $42K plus TTT. However, I must say a good woman would be way more fun and I could care less about a 1/4 mile speed.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM

[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=helpout.gif][sm=icon_stickpoke.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif][sm=sigh.gif][sm=imsorry.gif]
Old 05-02-2008, 06:58 PM

I can understand all the frustration going on I am feeling the same way . I am hopeing to move to D1 status myself one day but with the way dodge is handling things I could stand a better chance of geting struck by lighting .I am starting a new building project just to try to get my mind of it . Im glad to have a 08 but come on we have all paid deposits long ago so at least be nice and update us with whats going on . Whoever is in charge of public relations at dodge stinks [sm=headbang.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 05-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Dang... sounds like we need to start a new thread with a twelve step program. Mopar-holics Anonymous.

Are you feeling edgy? Craving more and more build and delivery information? Unable to resist the urge to check dodgechallenger.com every chance you possibly get? Is it beginning to effect your personal life... your marriage... your carrer? Are you sneaking away to get the challenger fix during odd times of the day? Are you stopping at the local mini-mart every day after work and checking the magazine rack for your daily fix? Are you unable to sleep, or find yourself getting online in the middle of the night? Do you find yourself promising you'll stop... only to find yourself sneaking away to check out the latest Red Letter Dodge article to see if there is any new news?

If you answered yes to any, or all of these questions... there is help... join us at Mopar-holics Anonymous.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:26 PM

NIce, couldn't have said it better!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:32 PM

I drove out of the way to pass by the local truckstop today to check for carriers with challengers on them.. I guess I'm in...what's step one???
ORIGINAL: 70sguy

NIce, couldn't have said it better!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 PM

I'm In! Where do I sign up?

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Dang... sounds like we need to start a new thread with a twelve step program. Mopar-holics Anonymous.

Are you feeling edgy? Craving more and more build and delivery information? Unable to resist the urge to check dodgechallenger.com every chance you possibly get? Is it beginning to effect your personal life... your marriage... your carrer? Are you sneaking away to get the challenger fix during odd times of the day? Are you stopping at the local mini-mart every day after work and checking the magazine rack for your daily fix? Are you unable to sleep, or find yourself getting online in the middle of the night? Do you find yourself promising you'll stop... only to find yourself sneaking away to check out the latest Red Letter Dodge article to see if there is any new news?

If you answered yes to any, or all of these questions... there is help... join us at Mopar-holics Anonymous.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:36 PM

Yep sign me up...
Old 05-02-2008, 07:42 PM

Tupper,

Last 2 mornings I have ridden by the Dodge rail to truck yard, it had plenty of 300's and chargers, but no challengers.

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?