Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 04-11-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Tupperware, Each of those auctioned cars had approx delivery days do you remember when they were I seem to think end of may which would be right on sceduel..... and why are you named after an air tight container ,or did you make your fortune at tuppawere partys I mean right on if you did!!! I just recieved my 2008 srt challenger owners manual tody , I think Im going to get comfortable and read a good book
Old 04-11-2008, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

Tupperware, Each of those auctioned cars had approx delivery days do you remember when they were I seem to think end of may which would be right on sceduel..... and why are you named after an air tight container ,or did you make your fortune at tuppawere partys I mean right on if you did!!! I just recieved my 2008 srt challenger owners manual tody , I think Im going to get comfortable and read a good book
If I remember correctly, the auction cars will be delivered at the Challenger 500 race in Darlington on 5/10/08...

as for the name... I was driving my '96 Corvette through the parking lot at a MOPAR event a few years ago...I got in the burn out line and when it was my turn, several people started yelling out "TUPPERWARE" in reference to my plastic car!!! Not sure how I ended up as a GM guy since my mom was alway a Mopar fan..I teethed on a 1966 Beliverdere dashboard (literally!!)..
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM

Note the OEM recommended oil is Mobil 1 synthetic..

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

Old 04-11-2008, 06:47 PM

its really funny to sit back and observe all the personalities on this forum. Based on the information I know and what I've read in this forum, there have been several posts which have been correct during their time. There are some post which are still dead on as far as build dates. Everyday that passes means we are getting closer to seeing them. However, i'm happy to be getting srt08 when ever it comes. I'm also somewhat disappointed with the way badge numbers are being assigned. Not really sure who to blame: is it me by waiting to 12/3 to arrive at the dealership before they opened to be first in line, when I should have notified them of my interest on 11/31. Is it the dealership by not preordering as many cars as they could, then find buyers or is it Dodge themselves by not building the challengers per order entry & only allotting each dealership only one vehicle as originally stated as a guarrantee, after that allotment is filled, then it should have been free game. But I do not make the rules, I just have to follow them flexibly as they are subject to change.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

I'm also somewhat disappointed with the way badge numbers are being assigned.
Guess I hadn't heard yet... How is Dodge assigning badge numbers???
Old 04-11-2008, 07:22 PM

They have to assign them buy the order of which they're built. There have been posts that state dealers have 2 cars in D1 status and people didnt get their car assigned to them until much later than 12/3. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. They are definetely not building them per vin# assignement or sequence- that has been proven by post. It does appear color may have a factor in badge numbers but not totally proven yet. Doge will build the challenger late April for May Premier you can find this on Dodge web page. Then do the math how many will they build a day 120-150 is my guess divide by 6400 or is it 6900 to include 500 for Canada. The writing is on the wall just have to read it.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:04 AM

its really funny to sit back and observe all the personalities on this forum. Based on the information I know and what I've read in this forum, there have been several posts which have been correct during their time. There are some post which are still dead on as far as build dates. Everyday that passes means we are getting closer to seeing them. However, i'm happy to be getting srt08 when ever it comes. I'm also somewhat disappointed with the way badge numbers are being assigned. Not really sure who to blame: is it me by waiting to 12/3 to arrive at the dealership before they opened to be first in line, when I should have notified them of my interest on 11/31. Is it the dealership by not preordering as many cars as they could, then find buyers or is it Dodge themselves by not building the challengers per order entry & only allotting each dealership only one vehicle as originally stated as a guarrantee, after that allotment is filled, then it should have been free game. But I do not make the rules, I just have to follow them flexibly as they are subject to change.

Yea remember when you wanted to see a hot concert you could go days early to the concert hall and wait two three days, living on the steet ,but hey you got floor seats second row it was worth it! times have changed..The anxioty is thick but we are living in an extended christmas eve ...just dying to open our presents,You will see a lot of advertising end of summer for the fall release of the 2009 models and we all will be part of that advertising ,this summer!!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:06 PM

They have to assign them buy the order of which they're built. There have been posts that state dealers have 2 cars in D1 status and people didnt get their car assigned to them until much later than 12/3. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. They are definetely not building them per vin# assignement or sequence- that has been proven by post. It does appear color may have a factor in badge numbers but not totally proven yet. Doge will build the challenger late April for May Premier you can find this on Dodge web page. Then do the math how many will they build a day 120-150 is my guess divide by 6400 or is it 6900 to include 500 for Canada. The writing is on the wall just have to read it.

Ok I did a search brampton capacity by shifts
two 9 hour shifts =1088 units
Two 8 hour shifts 970 units
3 shifts 1350 units
if we are a third of prduction thats at least 323 units if its bumped to 500 a day it would only take 13 days we all could have our cars by the end of may Im ok with that!!
Old 04-12-2008, 01:49 PM

I would be ok with that as well .I just want to be in the first of may
Old 04-12-2008, 06:25 PM

sorry, but production will carry much further than May. jh they may be able to produce other cars in those numbers but it will not be the 08 challenger. Earlier post have indicated some will receive their 08's right before the 09's, so do the math. Not sure how many cars are in D1 but those will be built first. The only cars built thus far are quality and duribility test cars. If not in d1 right now you probably over 4-500 badge number easily.

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?