Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

I dont know the issue yet I only have one source that said something was popping up and 5 people told me that an SRT Engineer from Auburn Hill Michigan was in Windsor ON inspecting them and they are releasing after inspection.
ORIGINAL: mwc

Hello All:
Vin #8H300713 seems to have been sucked into the QC vacuum. Any chance someone with access to VinVision could help ease my worries (or at least compound them with bad news)?
Also, Budman, in a recent post, you mentioned part of the storage backlog being because of "Wing Issues". Perhaps I overlooked a description of said issues, but could you please clarify?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. It seems as though this forum is the only source of credible information.
Thanks in advance.
MWC
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 AM

Where and what is the wing thing? I was unaware of a wing on the cars.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 AM

Don't get me wrong Budman, I love the car. I have just lost patience with Chrysler. I have had a bad habit in the past of making rash decisions in my purchases. I have a tendency of buying things that I don't need without thinking them through. It is starting to appear to me that all the troubles my car has run in to may be a sign not to purchase. Any company that has this poor of a communication between it's customer is not a company I really want to do business with. They are blatant in their lack of concern regarding these problems. As stated by more than 1 person, it seems like they really don't care because they know they will get them sold. If not to me, someone will step in and take it off their hands.

Anything could happen by the time my car gets here. I may have changed my mind and still purchase it. I may be to old to drive by then. Who knows for sure. If I do purchase it, I may turn around and post it on E-bay.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 AM

Dash Plaque says 'Canada First Edition 500'. Not numbered. The 500 badge is on the front grille in lieu of the SRT badge is on the U.S. cars. I will post pic asap.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: 108Challenger

Well this is in Cheektowaga NY 20 min drive from my dealer. My cars the last orange 1 in the row. I know this because the guy walking around inside was nice enought to find my vin. So my car lies 20 min away and i will not have it untill friday. OMG I cant wait!
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...chworth024.jpg

Man that's gotta be painful! So close yet so far a way! If they don't get it to you by Friday, one word for you...BOLTCUTTERS!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: birddog

Could I get someone to run a VV on 289763 so I know how much time I have to find a buyer for my car?

Oh man let me try to talk you outta this! Have you went to the dark side? Do I see a 2010 Chevy Camaro in your avatar?
Come on birddog hold out a little longer. If it makes you feel any better I will bet you that I WILL be the last one here to get my 08 SRT. I am going thru the same lost in the black hole situation as you and if/when they finally get eveything worked out...I get to tack on another 4 weeks of waiting while my car floats across the Atlatic to Bremerhaven, Germany (that is really about as far away as you can get from me and still be on mainland Europe) then it has to get trucked down to Italy (they tell me it takes 19 days!!!! I can drive it in 1). It is possible that I will be reading about guys ording up a 2010 6.4L vert before I even get to drive my 08!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 AM

If i dont get it by friday im going to end up in the loony bin.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 AM

Look me up when you get there 108Challenger. [&:]
Old 07-01-2008, 11:51 AM

This is 04RAMSRT10's wife. I have to post and tell all of you to wait. I honestly didn't know what all the fuss was about until I saw it with my own 2 eyes. It is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAR EVER!! That's saying alot coming from me, because cars to me are just transportation. Not this one. It is truly a work of art and worth the wait. My hubby called me yesterday morning and said the dealer said he could go to the railyard and pick it up. Only problem was, hubby couldn't get off. Yes, I could've gotten it but I wanted him to pick it up and drive it home (so did he even though he didn't say it). Well, a miracle happened and he was able to leave work an hour early so we head out. Got to the railyard, which is a huge parking lot full of all kinds of vehicles and a few orange Challenger's. One was pulled outside the fence just waiting for it's rightfull, anxious, excited owner. Of course, it was filthy, what do you expect after a long train ride? Even through the dirt, I could see it's beauty. We start on the journey home and people all along I75 were speeding up to see it, slowing down to see it, swapping lanes to see it from all angles. I was scared to death someone would hit us because they weren't paying attention to their driving. We stopped to get something to eat and when we came out several guys are walking around it, drooling. We stopped to get gas and people quit pumping their gas and came over to see it. It is really something. Went to Wal-Mart and people pulled up to see it, rode around and around looking at it. Some even stopped and talked to us. One man in a VW Bug said his had a turbo and would fly but not like that will!! Duh. It is a sight to just watch the people watching the car. Needless to say when we got home the kids wanted to take it for a spin. We have a 20 yr. old son who is the owner of a 2006 Charger Daytona Go Man Go, and a 15 yr. old daughter that wants it all. Yes, they both got to drive it last night. And, yes, it got a bath and a hood waxed, cleaned out and really looks great. That took until almost midnight. There was no need to try to sleep. Everyone was too excited, even me.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:20 PM

Hello Joani,

back from driving a wild challenger? Hope your really enjoy this wonderful time. If had a minute, could you please check my VIN again? 8H290400

And, i'am little scared to ask, 8H302974 to serve a friend of mine?

Thanks a million,

Pete

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?